cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred APPROVAL!! (College Student)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred APPROVAL!! (College Student)

I've been preparing my credit file for over a year just for this card and was blown away with the limit I got. Approved for $11.4k! I was expecting $5k, but Chase really came through and topped AMEX. Going for my next 3X CLI with AMEX in 2 weeks, hopefully they will get jealous and give me the full $27k CL.

Instant approval; called in and had it expedited!

Note: I am a college student and have no prior relationships with Chase. No in-branch or online pre-approvals either. It is possible, guys!

Here are my stats from before the app!

FICO's: EX (2) 743, TU (3) 749

Income = $57k

1% utilization, no baddies

Oldest acct = 20 mo, AAOA = 16 mo

(6/16) CapOne QS @ $1.35k CL, <1% util

(9/16) Deferred Student Loan @ $6.5k, 98% util

(1/17) AMEX BCP @ $9k CL, 0% util

(3/17) Discover It @ $2.6k CL, 0% util

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred APPROVAL!! (College Student)

Congratulations on getting the CSP and nice SL! I'm looking to apply for it this year as well. Hopefully, I can get around the SL too that would be nice.
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! And from the looks of it your credit file looks great, keep up the good work!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an awesome Chase approval, especially for a college student. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome approval! Congrats!!!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations for making a splash with Chase and that SL is OUTSTANDING for a college student!!

Message 6 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Knew you were solid to get it. Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m sure I responded to this already. Oh well. Great starting line. Fantastic start to your credit journey. Keep up the good work.
Message 8 of 12
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! Its nice to see this being done. I am a college student as well and Im preparing my credit profile to apply in about 6 months. Our profiles are very similar down to the students loan minus length of credit, so hopefully chase will come around. I am going to open a savings acc with them tomo just to be on the plus side lol.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LuckyB338wrote:
Congrats!!! Its nice to see this being done. I am a college student as well and Im preparing my credit profile to apply in about 6 months. Our profiles are very similar down to the students loan minus length of credit, so hopefully chase will come around. I am going to open a savings acc with them tomo just to be on the plus side lol.

Currently, Chase has a checking bonus of $300 (much easier to meet the requirements) and savings bonus of $200, if you can meet the minimum requirements. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.