Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval

tag
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval

Since data points are limited at my scores I figured I would post. Applied when I shouldn't have but my wife was having great luck, I only had 4 INQ and figured it was worth a shot. 

This was a cold app. 

Data Points: 

15/16 months since late. 

1 Charge Off, Paid, This will be getting removed soon it looks like

90 Day late from 2013/14 (Military Star)

3 30 Day Lates and 2 60 Day Lates from 2016. Synchrony is removing, fingers crossed on the others (BoA, Citi, Cap1, Barclays). 

0 Balance on all cards except Military Star which was at 29% and Barclays @ 10%

Revolving UTIL 3%

4 Inquiries

They Pulled Experian Only @ 686 FICO 08

6 New Accounts (Only 4 are Credit)

AAoA Just over 5 Years

Some Accounts 1 Month Old

Oldest Account Just over 14 Years

Income 85K 

1 Mortgage, Never Late, 1 transferred mortgage never late

2 Auto Leases, Never Late, 2 Paid Auto Loans, never late

4 Student Loans, Never Late, 115%-120% Balance, these are in "In School Deferment"

Credit Accounts Below are Active, Most at 0 balance. NFCU has not reported yet, AMEX just starting to report. Hopefully they don't spook Chase.

Total Debt @ 250K

Instant Approval $8,000 SL @ 24.49% APR. 

I do not think I am out of the woods yet and I will update as this process continues and I pump money through the card. We already got our promo offers on our other cards so it should be easier to do now. I did set up autopay from a checking account and set up their fraud/account protection features. 

I do not know how often they will soft pull, spending limits etc. but we do plan on paying off the balances before statement and starting slow with a few direct purchases before pumping bills and online purchases through them. I have even seen recommendations on weekly payments. We pumped a ton through our AMEX the first month and got the credit within a few weeks of getting the card and we paid off the card every week. 

We'll see what happens. I wanted a 5% utility card but we will be gardening until student loans can be consolidated and refinanced. Auto lease due for renewal in 18-24 months depending on when they start calling and a home refi or new house search may be on the horizon in a couple years. 

Chase Capture.jpg

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval

Nice job! That card is on my radar. Since I’m over 5/24 I’ll have to walk into a branch and apply or just wait 18 months or so.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

I'm surprised with your late payments and charge off that you were able to get approved
Message 3 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 4 of 12
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

So was I, was going to app late summer for a trip around the holidays but we could really use the benefits for a trip this summer and thought I would try.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great data points! I love my CSP, it's by far my favorite card. And the customer service has been great too.

Message 6 of 12
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, congrats this is my white elephant card right now. Will need a year or two for rest of my baddies to fall off before I risk it thought.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I really like my CSP and Freedom. I’ll be looking to get the FU in about 20 months when I’m back under 5/24. Enjoy your new card and credit, spend wisely and continue to make your credit work for you rather than working for your credit!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.