Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval

I wasn't looking to apply for card until Late October/ early November but i got a green checkmark in my offers in my chase account. All it asked for was income and the APR was a fixed 21.49% odd percentage to me but whatever. Applied got the 30-day message, great! *Rolls eyes* the wait began. I called robot lady : 7-10 day message. Crap! Called in and they needed to verify my identity asked me 3 questions and i was done or so i thought. They said they were sending a letter it would take 1-2 weeks. nobody could tell me what the letter was. Got the letter it wanted me to sign and send back in (confirming information on Application was correct and something about being under 21 (20 until November). They also asked for POI, which was submitted with letter in the form of ALL my bank statements (3 Banks) and last 2 months Paystubs (8 weeks worth) ; they only asked for 1 month bank statements and last 2 paystubs but i sent more just in case it wasnt enough. Did that and waited 4 days for  them to get the Fax, called in to confirm they recieved it, they asked more questions, income (again),address, car loan and put me on hold for 5 minutes Approved for $13,900! Quickly said our Good-byes and hung up. No need to keep talking and give them a reason to keep digging or overturn the decision.  

Scores : EQ 755 , TU 722,  EX 731 (all true fico scores)

INQ : EQ 1,  TU 4,  EX 6 (before app)

Newest Account : 4 Months old (chase Freedom) 

Utilization : 22% across all cards 

Discove: 917/6,200

Amex BCE: 3,750/18,000

AMEX ED: 0/1,000

Chase Freedom: 2,356/6,800

(all cards are on 0% intro offers)

AAOA: 11 months

AoOA: 1 year 7 months (Autoloan)

Discover : 14 months

AMEX BCE: 10 months

AMED ED: 8 Months

Chase Freedom: 4 months

Car loan : $18,610/ $25,793 

Reported income : $123,578 (Chase did Verify)

Pulled : EX and TU

Checking (all) : 3K (Chase $2785)

Savings (all) :    16K (Chase $6500)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval

Congrats on the approval and the great SL!!  Great card pickup, was definitely worth the effort on your part.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice approval, congrats!  Nice starting limit too!

You have a model looking credit report going on at an early age.

Keep up the good work and obviously you will be rewarded with the nice

pickings of the cards you want.

Also, very nice to see the auto loan included too!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post, Ashton! Thanks for all the DPs.

And Congrats! on your new card.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP—Congrats on your approval and your overall portfolio and profile! Keep up the great work and be responsible and doors will always be open for you!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval , Welcome to CSP family !!!!

Message 6 of 9
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I have seen less paperwork in buying a house. !!

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 7 of 9
stephenskd
New Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 8 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and joining the CSP family! I would garden and relax for a bit, let the accounts age.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.