Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved!

tag
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved!

I've never been the person to have a lot of credit cards. Back in 2008 when the recession began, i had an Amex Blue, Capital one card, Chase gas card, and a kay jeweler card. That was a lot for me! Well, my main cards called me, started asking questions and then i got a notice of credit limit reduction. I decided to cancel them, except for the jeweler card and went to using my debit card only. I did this for a few years, all the while not really caring where my credit stood.

I eventually got a couple cards a few years later, and the last two years or so my scores were in the low 600s due to keeping balances high on the only two credit cards i have, and a less than $1k collection from a hospital that i forgot to pay before i moved.

Now getting to the good stuff... The last 6 months i've been paying down my balances, and i was able to get the collection removed from my file. My scores have jumped from low 600s, to high 700s. And after a few discussions with friends who have the CSP card, i decided that i was missing out on some perks, rewards, and leaving money on the table. So, i decided to apply for the Sapphire Preferred card.

I was instantly approved for a SL of $18,600! I was shooting for $20k so it's close enough! I plan to use this card as my daily so i can rack up points and use them for discounts on the 2-3 trips that my gf and myself take yearly.

It's my first card with that high of a limit, and it feels good. Now, i'm getting more into being knowledgeable about CC perks, keeping my utilization below 9%, and i'm going to shoot for $100K+ total limit between cards.

After hovering in the low 600s it feels good to be back, and to know your score will get you almost anything you want. Especially when i plan to build a house next year, so my new scores will help me with the best rate possible.

|  
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved!

Congrats on your approval and great SL! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on your new CSP and your credit journey!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome Approval & SL!!!
Message 4 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and killer SL!!
Message 6 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The CSP is a great card, grats on the top SL as well Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Perfect SL for a great card. Congrats!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card and awesome starting limit!

Message 9 of 11
MyFault
Valued Contributor

I just got the card in the mail today! Let the fun and point earning begin!!

|  
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.