cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred + BB&T Bright (SP!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred + BB&T Bright (SP!)

Hello all! I have been waiting excitedly to post about my recent approvals, but I knew folks were going to want DPs, so I worked on finally getting my cards and scores in my signature first! Now that that's all taken care of...

Just got approved for a $19,000 SL on the CSP!!!!! My highest CL yet!!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Also got the lowest APR they offer on that card! Not that I intend to carry a balance, but it's a nice affirmation. 

This is my third Chase card, putting me at 5/24.

And then after seeing all the excitement over the BB&T SP approvals, I figured, why not...

Got approved for $6,500 on the Bright! I went with the Bright because I do have a balance I've been dragging around on another card that I'll need to transfer soon in order to avoid paying interest. I'm very pleased - I have been looking at balance transfer cards recently anyway, so it was perfect timing to have the opportunity to get one without a hard pull! Now that I've gotten it, I've set a goal for myself to fianlly get that balance paid in full before the Bright's 0% promo period ends in August 2020. Smiley Happy

All in all, I'm very pleased. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred + BB&T Bright (SP!)

Congrats on the big wins @thisjustin21! That's a very respectable CSP limit and it's a great card, then to bank on the BB&T Bright for a genuine purpose is just icing on the cake! 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

19K w/ Chase is respectable for an opening limit.

Focus on paying everything down so you don't spend bonus $$ on interest and transfer fees.  Have to make a profit somehow right?

Message 3 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice pair of approvals and Chase really broke through for you. Congrats!

Message 4 of 8
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on all of the approvals!!!  

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your two new cards there

Message 6 of 8
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals ....That bright comes in handy
Message 7 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.