Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred CLI!

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred CLI!

Briefly:

Apped in July, so I am one month short of the 6 month mark now. I had an initial of 5k.

Apped for Chase Ink Cash today, and got approved.  Since I got approved for CLI for my Freedom on the same day I got my Sapphire, I decided to try for a CLI on my Sapphire today after I got approved for Ink today.  They asked how much I wanted, and I asked to double it, knowing they would give me as much as they could if I was denied for 10k.

I called the number on the back of my card, was pushed to 7-10 days, and the CSR immediately transferred me to recon.  The asked me a few questions, put me on hold, and came back with an approval for 10k.

Next up: try and get Freedom to lower my rate, and then into the garden I go.

I wanted to add that Chase is the nicest on recon that I have ever experienced.  I have never been auto approved, because I have things that need to be explained on my report, but I've had 100% success via recon.

Of note:  mYFico EQ is 701.

Total util is between 15-20%.

Hope this helps someone; this community has gotten me more CLIs and cards than I would have thought possible, AND helped immensely with my mortgage!

Edited for typos.

Lisa

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred CLI!

Nice, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 8
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 3 of 8
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@LisaJ wrote:

Briefly:

Apped in July, so I am one month short of the 6 month mark now.

Apped for Chase Ink Cash today, and got approved.  Since I got aoproved for CLI for my Freedom on the same day I got my Sapphire, I decided to try for a CLI today after I got Ink.  They asked how much I wanted, and I asked to double it, knowing they would give me as much as they could if I was denied for 10k.

I called the number ont he back of my card, was pushed to 7-10 days, and the CSR immediately transferred me to recon.  The asked me a few questions, put me on hold, and came back with an approval for 10k.

Next up: try and get Freedom to lower my rate, and then into the garden I go.

I wanted to add that Chase is the nicest on recon that I have ever experienced.  I have never been auto approved, because I have things that need to be explained on my reprot, but I've had 100% success via recon.

Of note:  mYFico EQ is 701.

Total util is between 15-20%.

Hope this helps someone; this community has gotten me more CLIs and cards than I would have thought possible, AND helped immensely with my mortgage!

Lisa

LisaJ!!! Hey!!!  Congrats!!

i was approved for the CSP a couple of days ago.  Do you think it's too late to use that HP for a CLI on my Freedom?

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 8
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I don't know about using the HP, but it worked for me back in July,  I apped within 24 hours though.  They also said it would be two HPs, but it wasn't, which leads me to believe that maybe the CRAs see it as one pull if they are close together, but that is just a theory.

Hoping to have the same success with these two pulls today.  Although oddly, they didn't ask for my social when I called Sapphire.  I've never had that happen when they pulled a report--they have always verified social.

Good luck to you!  Smiley Happy

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 6 of 8
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Sweet congrats to you!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! How did you use your csp? Did you carry a balance? If so, what's the approx amt?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.