cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred + Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred + Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval!

Hey everyone! 

A few days ago my private client banker notified me that I was prequalified for the CSP and Freedom Unlimited, but I hesitated in applying due to a few baddies on my credit report. I decided to bite the bullet and head to my local branch on Wilshire today. Applied for both and received a 7-10 day message. My CPC banker had a direct line to a credit analyst - spent thirty minutes verifying financial info, explaining the CO's, etc. Finally got approved with a SL of 18k on the CSP and 11k on the Freedom Unlimited!!! I swore it was going to be an instant denial given my college student status and credit history, but my CPC banker really came through for me. 

Up until this point, I was only an authorized user on my parents' Amex Centurion and Platinum card, along with a secured Bank of America card. I think my relationship w/ Chase and the amount of $$$ I have invested with them helped a lot. 

18 REPLIES 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred + Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval!

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 2 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Super Congrats on your CSP and Freedom Unlimited approvals!!! Smiley Very Happy

If the Chase trifecta is your ultimate goal, then you're 2/3 of the way there

assuming that you want the Chase Freedom as well. Your story proves that

relationships have their benefits. I"m thrilled that things worked out for you.

Congrats again on your appovals. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 19
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! 

A few days ago my private client banker notified me that I was prequalified for the CSP and Freedom Unlimited, but I hesitated in applying due to a few baddies on my credit report. I decided to bite the bullet and head to my local branch on Wilshire today. Applied for both and received a 7-10 day message. My CPC banker had a direct line to a credit analyst - spent thirty minutes verifying financial info, explaining the CO's, etc. Finally got approved with a SL of 18k on the CSP and 11k on the Freedom Unlimited!!! I swore it was going to be an instant denial given my college student status and credit history, but my CPC banker really came through for me. 

Up until this point, I was only an authorized user on my parents' Amex Centurion and Platinum card, along with a secured Bank of America card. I think my relationship w/ Chase and the amount of $$$ I have invested with them helped a lot. 

Double congrats! Solid start 🤑👍👍

What did they give you for APR?

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! 

Double congrats! Solid start 🤑👍👍

What did they give you for APR?

Thanks! For the CSP they gave me an APR of 17.49% and the Freedom Unlimited at 17.24%. Both relatively high APR's, but I don't plan on carrying a balance on either cards. 

Message 6 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 19
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on both of your approvals!! 

Message 9 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well done, grats on the double header and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.