cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred : DW Approved with prior CO!

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred : DW Approved with prior CO!

Hey my fellow MFers! 

Just wanted to share some great news and DPs as well. Today I cold app'd my DW for the CSP... Her acct page shows no pre-approval (green chk mark). Though what She had was a pre-qualified offer online with single APR (not range). That was more than enough for me to take a chance as I was more than willing to burn an EX HP for her. Was Expecting a 2-week notice then a denial.

A brief history ;

Chase closed and charged-off my DW's CC acct in 2011. It was only for $2K but with all the added CO flavors it all came up to about $3.7K (as being collected by a 3rd party)!! 

I app'd her with Chase in 2016 and was denied "due to prior history". They double pulled her back then with her EX and EQ.

FF to today...

DW's profile (current) :

EX8 718  ;  0HP last 24 months

EQ8 764 ;  1HP last 6 months/ 3 total last 24 months

TU8 714 ;  1HP last 6 months / 7 total last 24 months

5/24?

EX = 4/24 (Aug 01 qualifier)

EQ = 5/24 (Aug 26 til 4/24)

TU = 5/24 (Aug 26 til 4/24)

AAoA : 6+ Yrs

UTIL : 14%

CC CLs :

$20K Amex ED 

$15K Amex Delta Gold

$15.9K BoA BBR

$12.7K Disco

$8K BBY Visa

$4K citi DC

Bunch of Store Cards $2-$12K CLs

About $150K total before this app

I was gonna add myself as AU during app but backed out as I didn't wanna hurt her chances since I'm BL with them for IIB'ing them quite big in my BK7. Question now is will I be able to add me as an AU in the next days or weeks without causing her any unwanted scrutiny from Chase and possibly caused her acct to be shut down?

Thanks y'all and a Happy MF Thursday to y'all!!!

CSPapp.jpg

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred : DW Approved with prior CO!

Congrats on approval , monster SL , love using my CSP !!!!!

Message 2 of 13
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

Welcome the DW to the CSP club! By far the most rewarding card I've owned. Fingers crossed for the AU approval! Cat Happy

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats for your DW. I think you wont have any problem added yourself as AU in the future. Just wait for 1 month maybe, let her activate the card, use it first to be safe. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on DWs approval
I am really not sure if this is applicable to you but shadowfactor recently posted about Chase shutting his girlfriend's card because she added him.
I think he might have had a bad check years ago.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to DW for the approval and nice SL! Considering that she was just let back in with Chase, I would probably lay low on getting added as AU. With both of you having prior history, it might impact the two of you, in the long term. Reading through these threads, it seems that Chase is one of the few unforgiving banks. I would give it some time and some positive history before requesting to get added to be on the safe side. Good luck.

Message 7 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats to the DW for the new CSP card and killer SL!
As far as the AU part - I would be cautious and not do that for now, atleast for a month or 2. I'd get some usage, show some history, PIF, and then possibly do an AU add.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 13
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Not a big fan of Chase right now, but congrats on the approval.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

Hey my fellow MFers! 

Just wanted to share some great news and DPs as well. Today I cold app'd my DW for the CSP... Her acct page shows no pre-approval (green chk mark). Though what She had was a pre-qualified offer online with single APR (not range). That was more than enough for me to take a chance as I was more than willing to burn an EX HP for her. Was Expecting a 2-week notice then a denial.

A brief history ;

Chase closed and charged-off my DW's CC acct in 2011. It was only for $2K but with all the added CO flavors it all came up to about $3.7K (as being collected by a 3rd party)!! 

I app'd her with Chase in 2016 and was denied "due to prior history". They double pulled her back then with her EX and EQ.

FF to today...

DW's profile (current) :

EX8 718  ;  0HP last 24 months

EQ8 764 ;  1HP last 6 months/ 3 total last 24 months

TU8 714 ;  1HP last 6 months / 7 total last 24 months

5/24?

EX = 4/24 (Aug 01 qualifier)

EQ = 5/24 (Aug 26 til 4/24)

TU = 5/24 (Aug 26 til 4/24)

AAoA : 6+ Yrs

UTIL : 14%

CC CLs :

$20K Amex ED 

$15K Amex Delta Gold

$15.9K BoA BBR

$12.7K Disco

$8K BBY Visa

$4K citi DC

Bunch of Store Cards $2-$12K CLs

About $150K total before this app

I was gonna add myself as AU during app but backed out as I didn't wanna hurt her chances since I'm BL with them for IIB'ing them quite big in my BK7. Question now is will I be able to add me as an AU in the next days or weeks without causing her any unwanted scrutiny from Chase and possibly caused her acct to be shut down?

Thanks y'all and a Happy MF Thursday to y'all!!!

CSPapp.jpg

Congrats to DW JRSmiley Happy CL A-OKSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.