Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred LITERAL MONSTER Approval

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred LITERAL MONSTER Approval

Ok, so a little while back I had asked about how likely a green check mark + single APR would grant me an approval. It sounded like a fair shot so I went for it. My application went to the 2-week notice for a few days then 7-10. My heart sunk like a rock becuase as I'm sure many are aware, 7-10 is usually a denial so I moved on with life (I picked up a Discover card for a $3500 SL).

Fast forward to today and I get a letter from chase asking for verification. I called the number, did the dance, and the lady on phone told me I was approved for...

wait for it..

$17,300.

Not a typo. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 4.26.28 PM.png

I asked her to repeat the number while trying not to choke back manical laughter and tears. It definitely is $17,300. After I hung up, I think I shouted the words "hot f💞ing christmas buiscits!" or something to that effect.

I'm still a bit shocked. I thought having a BECU Sig Visa at 10k was a miracle.

The APR is trash at 24.49% (what they offered me) but I smell a new travel card and the 50,000-point offer is going to be amazing.  

They hit me hard with the double inquiry (1x TU @ FICO 711 and 1x EX @ FICO 671) but whatever. #worthit as the kids say.

But most of all: this is proof that being over 5/24 might not matter if you get a green check mark AND have a singular APR.

EDIT after the fact: Question: Would this make it a Visa Infinite? Does Chase do those?

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred LITERAL MONSTER Approval

Congrats on approval and monster SL

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy cheese n rice!!!! Thats one heck of an approval!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Message 3 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

When Chase approves someone they usually throw a ton of money their way especially on travel cards.. Enjoy as it is a great card and 50k URs is a great deal!

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats op! That was a fun read! 

Message 5 of 28
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  That's my goal card!

Message 6 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice approval!! I would have fallen out of my seat with that kind of approval from Chase. Heck, I did fall out with my $3k approval almost 2 yrs ago, LOL... CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jl4 wrote:

Ok, so a little while back I had asked about how likely a green check mark + single APR would grant me an approval. It sounded like a fair shot so I went for it. My application went to the 2-week notice for a few days then 7-10. My heart sunk like a rock becuase as I'm sure many are aware, 7-10 is usually a denial so I moved on with life (I picked up a Discover card for a $3500 SL).

Fast forward to today and I get a letter from chase asking for verification. I called the number, did the dance, and the lady on phone told me I was approved for...

wait for it..

$17,300.

Not a typo. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 4.26.28 PM.png

I asked her to repeat the number while trying not to choke back manical laughter and tears. It definitely is $17,300. After I hung up, I think I shouted the words "hot f💞ing christmas buiscits!" or something to that effect.

I'm still a bit shocked. I thought having a BECU Sig Visa at 10k was a miracle.

The APR is trash at 24.49% (what they offered me) but I smell a new travel card and the 50,000-point offer is going to be amazing.  

@They hit me hard with the double inquiry (1x TU @ FICO 711 and 1x EX @ FICO 671) but whatever. #worthit as the kids say.

But most of all: this is proof that being over 5/24 might not matter if you get a green check mark AND have a singular APR.

EDIT after the fact: Question: Would this make it a Visa Infinite? Does Chase do those?

Congratulatons!

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!!

Message 9 of 28
jl4
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone! I'm still very excited. Smiley Happy

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.