cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred LITERAL MONSTER Approval

jl4
Frequent Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred LITERAL MONSTER Approval

Ok, so a little while back I had asked about how likely a green check mark + single APR would grant me an approval. It sounded like a fair shot so I went for it. My application went to the 2-week notice for a few days then 7-10. My heart sunk like a rock becuase as I'm sure many are aware, 7-10 is usually a denial so I moved on with life (I picked up a Discover card for a $3500 SL).

Fast forward to today and I get a letter from chase asking for verification. I called the number, did the dance, and the lady on phone told me I was approved for...

wait for it..

$17,300.

Not a typo. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 4.26.28 PM.png

I asked her to repeat the number while trying not to choke back manical laughter and tears. It definitely is $17,300. After I hung up, I think I shouted the words "hot f💞ing christmas buiscits!" or something to that effect.

I'm still a bit shocked. I thought having a BECU Sig Visa at 10k was a miracle.

The APR is trash at 24.49% (what they offered me) but I smell a new travel card and the 50,000-point offer is going to be amazing.  

They hit me hard with the double inquiry (1x TU @ FICO 711 and 1x EX @ FICO 671) but whatever. #worthit as the kids say.

But most of all: this is proof that being over 5/24 might not matter if you get a green check mark AND have a singular APR.

EDIT after the fact: Question: Would this make it a Visa Infinite? Does Chase do those?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
VoltronM
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred LITERAL MONSTER Approval

Congrats on approval and monster SL

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 2 of 28
Tutheather22
Frequent Contributor

Holy cheese n rice!!!! Thats one heck of an approval!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Message 3 of 28
CreditCuriosity

When Chase approves someone they usually throw a ton of money their way especially on travel cards.. Enjoy as it is a great card and 50k URs is a great deal!

Message 4 of 28
JAG73

Congrats op! That was a fun read! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 5 of 28
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  That's my goal card!

Message 6 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice approval!! I would have fallen out of my seat with that kind of approval from Chase. Heck, I did fall out with my $3k approval almost 2 yrs ago, LOL... CongratsSmiley Happy

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 7 of 28
CelticThunderJen
Regular Contributor

@jl4 wrote:

Ok, so a little while back I had asked about how likely a green check mark + single APR would grant me an approval. It sounded like a fair shot so I went for it. My application went to the 2-week notice for a few days then 7-10. My heart sunk like a rock becuase as I'm sure many are aware, 7-10 is usually a denial so I moved on with life (I picked up a Discover card for a $3500 SL).

Fast forward to today and I get a letter from chase asking for verification. I called the number, did the dance, and the lady on phone told me I was approved for...

wait for it..

$17,300.

Not a typo. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 4.26.28 PM.png

I asked her to repeat the number while trying not to choke back manical laughter and tears. It definitely is $17,300. After I hung up, I think I shouted the words "hot f💞ing christmas buiscits!" or something to that effect.

I'm still a bit shocked. I thought having a BECU Sig Visa at 10k was a miracle.

The APR is trash at 24.49% (what they offered me) but I smell a new travel card and the 50,000-point offer is going to be amazing.  

@They hit me hard with the double inquiry (1x TU @ FICO 711 and 1x EX @ FICO 671) but whatever. #worthit as the kids say.

But most of all: this is proof that being over 5/24 might not matter if you get a green check mark AND have a singular APR.

EDIT after the fact: Question: Would this make it a Visa Infinite? Does Chase do those?

Congratulatons!

As of December 10, 2019

NFCU Cash Rewards, NFCU Go Rewards, NFCU Platinum, AMEX Bonvoy, Best Buy Visa, Discover, Marvel, Nissan Visa, Uber Visa, Alliant CU Platinum Rewards, Amex BCP, Amex Everyday, Amex Blue Delta Sky Miles, BB & T Spectrum Rewards, BBVA ClearPoints, Capital One Quick Silver, Chase Freedom, Chevron Texaco Visa, DCU Platinum, Langley Cash Back, Pay Pal Mastercard, RBFCU Cash Back, State Farm Good Neighbor, Wells Fargo Cash Wise, RBFCU Premier Rate, Langley Rewards,Amex Hilton, Ollo Platinum, Banco Do Brasil, BB & T Bright, Precious Moments (Commerce Bank), Commerce Bank Special Connections, HSBC Platinum Rewards, HSBC Cash Rewards, Savor, Apple Card
Also have NFCU CLOC $15,000

Store cards: Target RedCard Credit, Home Depot, Lowes, Ulta, Amazon
Message 8 of 28
Xiang182838
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!

Message 9 of 28
jl4
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! I'm still very excited. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.