Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Result and Citi Double Cash CLI result

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred Result and Citi Double Cash CLI result

Hey everyone!

After a lot contemplating and worrying about rejection, I finally took a deep breath and applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card.  All that worry was apparently for nothign.  I was approved with a $10,200 SL and a 17.49% APR (which I hope to never use).  I'll admit, I may have teared up a bit to see this instantly approved as my credit redemption journey is now 100% complete.  Chase, along with Nordstrom, are the two companies I wanted to get back in with after my BK around 20+ years ago when I was just coming off being a teen.  It goes to show that being in the garden can really pay off, too.  

Here are my DPs from my original post (which I hope a moderator can close, please!), along with a few more I forgot:

Inc - $46K

Util - 4% (all cards reporting 0% except Best Buy which is about 40% because of interest free financing)

Inqs - 4 for Exp (Rental agency, Nordstrom card, Sprint, and Best Buy), 3 for EQ (all for my auto loan), and 1 for TU (Barclays for my CLI on Uber)

Scores - EX 809 EQ 792 TU 781

Exceptional payment history and no baddies
AAoA 9+ years

Oldest Account 28 years (student loans inflating that AAoA for the win!)

4/24 as BCE fell off in December and Citi DC/Barclays Uber fell off mid-January

Nothing on their prequal site and the offers under the Credit Journey just offered products of "credit card," "checking," and "mortgage."  

Chase pulled Experian and Equifax for my approval.  If it helps, I'm in Virginia.

Lastly, I talked with Chase after my approval to see if I could get a shortened version of my name put on my card rather than what the application asked for.  Let me tell you, they are so friendly and were very helpful in doing this.  I should have my card within 3 to 5 business days and it will have the name that I go by and sign for everything.

I cannot express how excited I am for this card.  The $4000 will be an easy achievement.  I'll put my other half's rent for two months on there and then use it on a road trip at the end of the month.  Bring on those rewards!

Thank you to EVERYONE for putting up with me and for all the advice and sharing.  It really made pulling the trigger a little easier and added some confidence to go for it.

Not to get lost in all the joy, I did my SP CLI for my Citi DC.  It went from $9600 to $11,600.  Even though Citi had no idea about the new Chase card, I guess the credit gods out there didn't want my DC card to fall behind.  Smiley Very Happy

It's definitely a good day.  Now it's off to the garden for a while.  Good thing I bought some plants today to tend to for the next few months.  I think I need a good stiff drink now!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Result and Citi Double Cash CLI result

Congratulations on your approval and CLI!

Message 2 of 23
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CSP, and CLI on your DC!

|  
Message 3 of 23
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS on Chase, your Citi CLI, and being back w/Nordstroms. 

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s a win! Congratulations! 

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and CLI! 👍

Message 8 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent double play, grats Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 23
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.