cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred SL?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Member

Chase Sapphire Preferred SL?

I have a question for users with experience applying for this card.  I took advantage of the 50k miles and was approved instantly for a $25.9k SL.  I noticed on the approval screen it said "If you'd like a different credit line, you can discuss your options with a CSR..."  I've searched the threads for other's experiences with SL, but don't see a definitive answer.  Is this considered an average SL for new applicants, and is that a canned statement about the SL?  I am also curious as to what their upper range is?  Thanks for any information you can offer!

EQ: 829 / TU: 825 / EX: 822

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred SL?

No, it isn't average. It's huge. Yes, it's a canned statement.

Message 2 of 23
Valued Member

@CAPTOOL wrote:

No, it isn't average. It's huge. Yes, it's a canned statement.

Thank you.  My only other cards are an AMEX from 15 years ago and a local CU from 2 years ago, so I have limited context for SL on cards.

Message 3 of 23
Regular Contributor

By different limit, they probably mean if you want it lower than what they offered Smiley Wink

Signature stopped working, won't accept html edits.
Message 4 of 23
Established Contributor

That's an incredible starting limit.

Message 5 of 23
Valued Member

Thank you both for the feedback and information.  Much appreciated.

Message 6 of 23
New Visitor

My experience with the CSP is keep the limit you started on. They bumped mine up quite a bit 9 months after using the card without a request. I was initially approved for $33.3k and they upped it to $40.1k. Just FYI.

Message 7 of 23
Established Contributor

@djbgl wrote:

My experience with the CSP is keep the limit you started on. They bumped mine up quite a bit 9 months after using the card without a request. I was initially approved for $33.3k and they upped it to $40.1k. Just FYI.

What was your monthly spend on that card, if I may ask...

Message 8 of 23
Frequent Contributor

Good Lord and I'm doing the happy dance to be approved at $8,000!
Nov 2014 500s April 2016 TU 707 EQ 690 EX 663 May 2017 TU 718 EQ 708 EX 701
CSR 12K United Explorer 12k Cap One QS 10.6K Discover 7.8k Freedom 4k Unlimited 4.4k AMEX Platinum NPSL
Message 9 of 23
Frequent Contributor

I'm jus gunna say WOW ... that is all
TU-812 EQ-820 EX-807 - Barclays cash forward 30K, Lowes 25K, Amex Everyday 50K, Fidelity 25K, Care Credit 25k, Walmart 10K, Discover 41K, Chase Sapphire Pref 10K, Macys 9K, many other store and retail cards - Oldest line 14yrs - Average Age 2.5yr, 8% UTI, 11 open credit cards - $230k total limit
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.