Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred SL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred SL?

I have a question for users with experience applying for this card.  I took advantage of the 50k miles and was approved instantly for a $25.9k SL.  I noticed on the approval screen it said "If you'd like a different credit line, you can discuss your options with a CSR..."  I've searched the threads for other's experiences with SL, but don't see a definitive answer.  Is this considered an average SL for new applicants, and is that a canned statement about the SL?  I am also curious as to what their upper range is?  Thanks for any information you can offer!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred SL?

No, it isn't average. It's huge. Yes, it's a canned statement.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, it isn't average. It's huge. Yes, it's a canned statement.

Thank you.  My only other cards are an AMEX from 15 years ago and a local CU from 2 years ago, so I have limited context for SL on cards.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

By different limit, they probably mean if you want it lower than what they offered Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an incredible starting limit.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for the feedback and information.  Much appreciated.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with the CSP is keep the limit you started on. They bumped mine up quite a bit 9 months after using the card without a request. I was initially approved for $33.3k and they upped it to $40.1k. Just FYI.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My experience with the CSP is keep the limit you started on. They bumped mine up quite a bit 9 months after using the card without a request. I was initially approved for $33.3k and they upped it to $40.1k. Just FYI.

What was your monthly spend on that card, if I may ask...

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Lord and I'm doing the happy dance to be approved at $8,000!
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm jus gunna say WOW ... that is all
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.