cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred and Discover Approval

tag
dellacent

Chase Sapphire Preferred and Discover Approval

I was an idiot 6.5 years ago (18 years old) and ran my credit down from 750 to 610.  Now I have slowly been building my credit back up.  I got a Capital One card 2 years ago with a $300 limit.  Then I got another Capital One card with a $300 limit.  I wasn't paying those in full every month, but other than 2 months I was able to pay on time.

With all of this being said, about 6 months ago, I started reading the forums and realizing how important it is to get my credit score up.  I applied for a Barclaycard Rewards card and got a $500 limit about 45 days ago.  Then I saw a deal with the Discover IT a week ago so I thought I should risk the HP and see what happens.  Well with a 640 Fico score, I got a $2600 limit.  I was pretty happy with that, but then I saw a deal for a 55K Point bonus on a CSP card when you spend $3000 in 3 months yesterday.  Well I tried to resist, but I broke down and applied today.  Well guess what?  I got a $5,000 limit!

My main goal is to get my score around a 750.  I know this will not be easy, but I think when the remaining 25K out of the 80K I owe is paid off, my score will improve quite a bit.

I have always been very "stupid" when it came to knowing about my credit score and monitoring it, but this forum alone has changed that.  I want to thank everyone on the forum for being so positive and helpful.  This has opened my eyes and made raisiing my score almost a hobby Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred and Discover Approval

Welcome to the forum and congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

congrats!

MY FICO = 690 CK=660 GOAL = 750 and my own house!..Back in the garden

Message 3 of 12
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and the progress you have made fixing your credit Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 12
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yup, welcome & congrats!  Those are some nice cards to have indeed. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moved to CC Apps.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 12
moeproduce1979
New Visitor

Hi every one!!!! I have been reading your guys comments !! Now it's time to share my experience with you guys!

I have a credit Fico score of 716. But in love to add my chase saphire credit card.. I have been denied due to too many inquires only credit report. It's another way I could get approved!!! Any hints!!!
Message 9 of 12
moeproduce1979
New Visitor

I meant too many credit inquires on my credit report!!! Sorry It's iPhone 5
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.