Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred w/ $19k CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred w/ $19k CL

Chase has been notifying me upon logging in since last week that I was prequalified for the Sapphire Preferred card, and having a bunch of large expenses coming up that would make getting the new card bonus easy, I took the plunge. I was immediately approved with a $19,000 credit line at an 18.24% APR. This now by far the highest credit limit I've ever had.

The only hard pull Chase did was from Experian, which my Experian FICO score was 726 when I applied.

I'm currently, as the kids say, having a moment. I'm almost worried with how much banks trust me, a 20 year old, to have instant access to credit lines that total more than the median household income. I guess they haven't been wrong so far as my credit is practically blemish free and has been since I turned 18, but it's kind of disconcerting.

Not complaining though! Gonna merge my dusty Freedom Unlimited card's CL with the new Sapphire Preferred to get one behemoth rewards card. Looking forward to that $625 in travel credit this summer!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred w/ $19k CL

Congrats on your new card!

Message 2 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the FORUMS!

CONGRATULATIONS on the Approval and the MASSIVE SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

“As the kids say” 😆

Congratulations on your approval! Keep up the good work!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 12
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Massive limit and approval!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy. Are you saying you are 20 yo and all those are your limits in your siggy? Thats incredible. May i ask what your income range is, your aaoa, you oldest account etc. Its just an amazing profile for a 20 yo. Thank you very much for sny additional data pointsSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Chase approval and nice sl!

SspW.gif

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely! My income range is about $40k annually. I just got hired on at my local credit union in the IT department. My AAoA is 1 yr 10 mos, and my oldest accounts are a tie between my Discover card and Capital One card, which I opened on my 18th birthday. My Capital One card started out as a Journey card but I was given an offer to upgrade to QuickSilver about a year or so later.
Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for sharing. You've done an amazing job building your profile. Super grats, and best if luck on your new careerSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.