Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred

I was just approved for the CSP also and have had the CFU as my daily driver for just over 2 yrs now- it’s a great card. I’ve managed to accumulate 35K points on it during that time frame. I too have a good relationship with chase already. Only 5K limit on the CSP though. I’ve heard quite the contrary that if you app for the CFU, it will be another HP. Not a big deal though because I’m sure they’ll approve you based on your DPs. I’m facing a similar dilemma however where I want to get the new Southwest priority card with them but am not sure they’ll approve right now since I only got the $5K starting limit but not bad APR of 21.74% with CSP. My CFU has been at 1K for 2 yrs now.
Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CSP is a card on my list that I am waiting to app. I need a travel card badly but I'm exactly 5/24. Chase keeps teasing me too because they have given me the green checkmark for the CSR and the CSP for the last month and a half. . I already have the CFU too and wouldn't mind going for the Chase Trifecta eventually altogether.
Message 12 of 22
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! I think you could get the second card. My sister was approved for two in one day. Best wishes.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn’t end up gong for the CFU. Might try for an Ink card once I get the min spend taken care of instead. 

Part of me wanted the Reserve, but clearly my numbers aren’t there yet. And I don’t plan on doing any travel til mid 2019, so no immediate need for the extra perks just yet. Maybe I’ll upgrade at one year.

And I do wish the CL was a little higher. Kind of shot myself in the foot there. Think the main reason initial CL of $6200 is likely my utilization was around 35%. But the majority of that was due to a $2k balance on my $5k CL Capital one card. But I did pay that down to $0 two weeks ago, but the statement date isn’t until the 9th. Sooooo, probably would have reflecting a much better utilization had a waited a week, but was hard to pass up the 60k SUB. 

Any chance I could call and plead my case for a higher CL, or is that pretty much futile?...and guaranteed for a needless additional hard pull?

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know how well that would turn out for you now that a few days have gone by. But I admit, I always do love it when I read a post where someone attempts it any way and they actually get the recon. "It wont hurt to try!" 😉
Message 15 of 22
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 17 of 22
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The CSP is a card on my list that I am waiting to app. I need a travel card badly but I'm exactly 5/24. Chase keeps teasing me too because they have given me the green checkmark for the CSR and the CSP for the last month and a half. . I already have the CFU too and wouldn't mind going for the Chase Trifecta eventually altogether.

I believe the Green Checkmark Offers bypass the 5/4 rule.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou SJT! I was going to post something more about this today too. The selected for you checkmark has an actual set APR number, not a "based on credit worthiness rate" between 2 different APR percentages. I think I've read before that's a good sign. I feel as if I have a strong enough profile for it too but of course I'm afraid of the waste of a hardpull if the 5/24 rule does still apply to me.
Also, this afternoon, I got a pre-approval email from Chase on the CSP. It says if im interested to apply before October 10th. What to do, what to do????
Message 19 of 22
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thankyou SJT! I was going to post something more about this today too. The selected for you checkmark has an actual set APR number, not a "based on credit worthiness rate" between 2 different APR percentages. I think I've read before that's a good sign. I feel as if I have a strong enough profile for it too but of course I'm afraid of the waste of a hardpull if the 5/24 rule does still apply to me.
Also, this afternoon, I got a pre-approval email from Chase on the CSP. It says if im interested to apply before October 10th. What to do, what to do????

First, are you near a Chase branch you can visit and see if they have any pre-approved offers in their system? If so, go for those offers first. If not, then take the email offer. Make sure the email offer has a set APR.

Good luck and keep us posted.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.