Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Prefferd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Prefferd

Morning, 

Not sure how how many of you have been following my story; but I started with myFico about 6 years ago with a very low score after my husband left me and my children.  We were homeless; and left with 60k plus of debt.  Fast forward to 10/2020;  my scores reached a new high. I was finally pre-approved to purchase/BUILD my first home.  Fast forward... 7/29/2021, I closed on my home!! Moved in 7/30..its BEAUTIFUL.  Appraised at 30k more than what I paid for it.  GOD IS GOOD.  Throughout the entire time; I paid off every single penny of debt alone; saved money, and continued my journey to obtain new credit; keep utilization low ( a couple of bumps in the road), but still maintaining.  

Well on August 9, 2021, I decided to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preffered Card.  I was told it was a little hard to get; especially seeing that I just had a new mortgage; applied for several cards (after the closing) which meant several inquiries.  The response came back "we need more time to process your application".  Well; last night, I called to check the status of the card and it said that I was APPROVED!!

$8400.  I cannot believe it.  I am still stoked.  The only issue is that now; I have to learn to USE my cards.  I have been trained not to use them; now I have to begin to use the ones that I get points on.  

I have quite a few where I can either get cash back, points, rewards, travel ...but I have been trained not to use them bc of my past and the last year of not using them.  Any advice here?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Prefferd

That’s terrific!  Congratulations on your CSP approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 2 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your new CSP !!!

Message 3 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, grats on the new home and your new CSP card Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Much continued to success to you on the journey as well!!

Message 5 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CSP approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

I have quite a few where I can either get cash back, points, rewards, travel ...but I have been trained not to use them bc of my past and the last year of not using them.  Any advice here?

Use your credit cards to purchase everyday items you would normally buy with a debit card and pay them off in full every month. You won't pay a penny in interest or accumulate debt if you use them this way. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 14
WenW
New Contributor

CONGRATS!!!! Echoing what @CreditAggie said. I put a monthly calendar reminder in my phone to check & pay off balance before statement cuts. I also use one card for every day purchases & another for recurring subscriptions. Dont forget to check which cards give what benefits per category of spend so you can maximize those points/cashback! Keep up your great work Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Sapphire Preferred approval

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The clock started when you got approved. So concentrate on how to spend 4K in 3months to get the SUB. I'm paying my property tax when I get the card.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great news.

Keep up the good work

Thanks for the post

Mark

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.