Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preffered 5K on Recon.. woo hoo

tag
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preffered 5K on Recon.. woo hoo

thanks! i was surprised and very pleased. I even went out and bought lottery tickets for tomorrow, as Friday the 13th is always lucky for me in big ways. so this might just be the biggest LOL

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 11 of 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preffered 5K on Recon.. woo hoo

@nolamike wrote:

First recon try, got the card!

Was declined on Dec 26, got letter on Monday, Jan 9.

Called today and my Student loans, even in deferment, were making their calculations show a DTI as too, high for approval. Spoke with nice lady, and pointed out my accounts with Chase and that 80K had flowed through my checking account alone over the last 2 years. Showed her my income from VA disability pension that is non-taxable, and my other income. Boom. Sent to verification, she sent me a text asked me what number was in the text. Boom Verified.

Asked if I needed anything else, and asked to pay for express shipping. She gave it to me for free, Fed Ex. Due in 4 days instead of 2 weeks!. woo hoo!

First 5k unsecured account since i started this in Oct 2016.

total credit lines as of today $16.1k of which 1k is USAA secured card, and 5K is charge account from MJC, so 10K unsecured.

waiting for score plunge and rebound. will be sitting in my garden until NFCU accepts me.

Congrats! This is great news, so happy for you!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.