cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preffered via Recon Line - Approved!

tag
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preffered via Recon Line - Approved!

Very exicited. After getting the Citi Double Cash Back($11K Starting CL) card at the of January of this year,  I decided to apply for the CSP. A card I always wanted due to it's travel perks. My heart sank when they declined my application online. My credit scores were between 716-723, credit utilization below 30%, no collections, etc. Truth be told, I ran into some financial difficulties back in 2009-2011, so I've worked hard to get my scores back up to snuff. When I got a letter from Chase last week stating why I was declined, I was surprised it was due to a Chase charge off back in 2013 that doesn't show in my CR's, but it did show in Chase's internal data bank. In disgust, I applied for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select($8,500 Starting CL) that night and got approved. I really needed a "Travel" card.  Anyhoo, I called Chase's Reconsideration hot line(Who knew?!)today and got approved for $5K to start. Couple of questions, when can they increase the CL? Can they give me one once I activate it? To get that 60K bonus, I'll need to spend $4K in 3 months and I'm worried about raising a red flag with that CL. Also, should I start dumping some of my other CC's(Credit 1 $1550 CL 5 years old, Credit 1 $1500 CL 2 months old)? Any input would be appreciated. Cheers. 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preffered via Recon Line

Congrats on the approvals. You just got in with Chase. That's what they are comfortable with. Asking for CLI will be an HP.

Chase actually likes the spend. You can pay multiple times if worried about utilization. 

Message 2 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@joeyv1985 wrote:

Very exicited. After getting the Citi Double Cash Back($11K Starting CL) card at the of January of this year,  I decided to apply for the CSP. A card I always wanted due to it's travel perks. My heart sank when they declined my application online. My credit scores were between 716-723, credit utilization below 30%, no collections, etc. Truth be told, I ran into some financial difficulties back in 2009-2011, so I've worked hard to get my scores back up to snuff. When I got a letter from Chase last week stating why I was declined, I was surprised it was due to a Chase charge off back in 2013 that doesn't show in my CR's, but it did show in Chase's internal data bank. In disgust, I applied for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select($8,500 Starting CL) that night and got approved. I really needed a "Travel" card.  Anyhoo, I called Chase's Reconsideration hot line(Who knew?!)today and got approved for $5K to start. Couple of questions, when can they increase the CL? Can they give me one once I activate it? To get that 60K bonus, I'll need to spend $4K in 3 months and I'm worried about raising a red flag with that CL. Also, should I start dumping some of my other CC's(Credit 1 $1550 CL 5 years old, Credit 1 $1500 CL 2 months old)? Any input would be appreciated. Cheers. 

In order to obtain an increase on the recently approved CSP, it will require another HP (or two).  They will not recycle or repurpose the HP used to get approved, unfortunately.  No guarantees, but if you don't mind the extra HPs, you can try it.

Congrats on being able to get approved on reconsideration btw.

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preffered via Recon Line - Approved!

Congrats on your CSP approval and successful recon! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 30
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Thanks BA. I didn't realize how hard it was to get this card.  I thought: Cross the 700 threshold and apply.  They showed me. 

Message 5 of 30
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the insight. I'll pass on the HP then. In the past year, I procured a conventional Mortgage with Wells Fargo, car refi with Wells and 3 "Premium/Better" Credit Cards with Citi(2 CC's) and Chase(1). I'm going take a breather and prune garden if u will for the next couple of years.  

Message 6 of 30
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Steve. 

Message 7 of 30
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

congratulations!

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 8 of 30
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your two approvals !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 30
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.