Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - $35,000 Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve - $35,000 Approval

I went in to Chase this morning and submitted an in-branch application for the Sapphire Reserve card.  After a screwup on my part, I was approved with a starting limit of $35,000.  

Note that this is an in-branch application; for some odd reason I never get credit pre-approvals in my Chase Online account, on the Chase mobile app,  or the Chase pre-qualification page.  And since Chase switched me to the Business portal I no longer have access to Chase Credit Journey.  So whenever I go to a branch location I always ask if I have any pre-approvals.

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 12.48.38 PM.png

Datapoints:

15/24 a.k.a LOL/24

Inquiries - 12 (TU), 8 (EX)

Income - Adequate

Chase Accounts:  Total Checking, Total Savings, Total Business Checking, Chase You Invest, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa

52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve - $35,000 Approval

Congrats! Nice limit!

Message 2 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spectacular SL! Congrats! 

Message 3 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

The backstory is that I left home this morning to run a few errands.  While out I decided to drop in at a Chase branch to see if I had any in-branch approvals; so I withdrew $300 from another bank's ATM to deposit with Chase as a pretext for asking a teller about pre-approvals.Smiley Very Happy  The teller told me I had pre-approvals but I had to see a personal banker to make an application; I submitted the app through the PB and she told me I would be hearing from Chase in 7-10 days.  My heart sunk immediately because I knew exactly what that meant, but then I remembered that my credit reports were all locked.

I wasn't prepared to spend the weekend wondering what had happened to my application, so I raced home and unlocked my reports; then went to my "home" branch where the PB and I are friends (He always jokes that he's my "fixer").  I explained what had happened earlier and he called Chase's back office and an analyst told him the application was not processed because of the lock on my credit files.  They told him they would have to speak directly with me, so he handed me the phone and the analyst retrieved my application after asking a few verification questions.  He then placed me on hold while he pulled my credit, then a few seconds later came back and said "Congrats, you've been approved for $35,000."  I then asked if they could expedite the card, so the analyst forwarded me to Customer Service who agreed to overnight the card and assured me I'll be receiving it in 1-2 business days.  By the time I got back home the new CSR account had already been added to my online account.

Message 4 of 53
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Maize, adequate income is Chase's middle nameSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 53
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Hey step daddy MnB, let your son get a little bit of that limit! 😀
Congrats on the mega approval! And way passed the 5/24 rule at that!!
You just earned the Never Scared Award! 😎
Message 6 of 53
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

NOICE, i graduated Gmood's School of No Fear with Amex, high praise indeedSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 53
redpat
Senior Contributor

Congrats on great approval.  Chase branches are your friend for pre-approvals over 5/24.

I'll float to the approval forum to live vicariously through others on of being approved for a card that you want since I'm in the garden for the unforeseeable future.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Hey step daddy MnB, let your son get a little bit of that limit! 😀
Congrats on the mega approval! And way passed the 5/24 rule at that!!
You just earned the Never Scared Award! 😎

LOL... I had to get back in the game after gardening for 7 months.  In-branch approval is the only sure way around the 5/24 rule.

You and Mahraja make it hard to stay on the sidelines. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Say what now?  I guess that's the only way Chase could expedite the card.

2018-12-08_14-25-17.png

Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.