Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve 5/24 Exception

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve 5/24 Exception

Hello all, just wanted to share a recent experience with app for CSR and battling concerns about 5/24. Have a slew of work travel upcoming, spanning about 2 years. Wanted to maximize points earning and have been agonizing about pulling the trigger on CSR for about two weeks. Going to re-fi a boat soon with USAA, they pull EX looking for 760-780 for their best rate and I am currently at EX 784. Not wanting to waist a HP for a denial, decided to have DW app for CSR. She is 754 EX, 739 EQ,
(Chase did HP both) with about 11 INQ combined (mostly from mortgage refi that pulled 2 on each CR). Currently 41% Util including +80% on a USAA AMEX at 14.5 of 17k (babysitting a 0% convenience check from home reno). Recently opened TLs were Ashley/Sync 11/17, Ashley/WF 11/17, Harley/USBank Visa 12/17, ISPC 3/18, and AMEX Plat AU 2/19 for a solid 5/24. Recieved an instant approval for $23.1K. Of note she was AU on my 45k NFCU More Rewards (recently terminated but still shows) but the Chase is currently her biggest individual TL. Total profile is 2 mortgages, 3 vehicles (two PIF/closed) 3 PLs (All PIF), and 7 revolving. AAoA 4.4 Yrs and AoOA 7.6Yrs. Definitely not what I expected from chase. There is hope and the rule isn't static.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve 5/24 Exception

Congratulations on DW approval!
Message 2 of 9
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Heck yeah! Congrats!

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A fantastic approval and SL, grats and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CSR approval.

Chase typically excludes authorized user accounts so it appears that your wife was 4/24.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to DW!! I don't believe the AU account is counted toward 5/24.
Message 7 of 9
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.