Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval! - $21.3k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval! - $21.3k

It's always nice when a plan comes together. I got my CSP along with a Chase Freedom a little over 4 years ago and got my SUB in December of 2017. Fast-forward to September and I begin putting plans in motion to downgrade and apply for the CSR in December. I downgraded CSP --> Freedom Unlimited and product changed the Freedom --> Freedom Flex in October so that I'd have at least one month of showing I no longer have a Sapphire product. I spoke with CS a few times along the way to ensure that I would be eligible for the CSR SUB if I applied in December (given I got my CSP SUB in December 4 years ago) and they assured me I would. 

Applied about a week ago and got the "you'll receive a letter in 2 weeks" email response, which appears to be a fairly standard affair. I did confirm it was still saying "2 weeks" via subsequent phone calls a couple of days later. Got the confrimation email that my application was approved on Wednesday and the card came today (why is UPS delivering mail on Christmas??). CL much higher than what my CSP was when I applied 4 years ago (it was about $9,000), but my credit is far stronger now than it was then (820 at time of application). I expected to be approved as I have never carried a balance of had a late payment in 4 years, and also have a checking account with them. Even still, it's always nice when a plan comes togehter. My goal at Chase was the CSR at some point, but I wasn't interested until I could also get the SUB for it, so I waited for today's arrival and it came. Heart

This is my first card application since January which I applied for and was approved for the USB Cash+ and USB Altitude Go cards.

Once again, I have the myFICO forums to thank for my current credit, as I've received tons of guidance from the community along the way to get from ~710 --> ~820. Awesome community.

Merry Christmas to all and may your credit scores only rise higher in 2022.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval! - $21.3k

Congratulations on your CSR Approval! 🎅🎄☃️

Message 2 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's always nice when a plan comes together. I got my CSP along with a Chase Freedom a little over 4 years ago and got my SUB in December of 2017. Fast-forward to September and I begin putting plans in motion to downgrade and apply for the CSR in December. I downgraded CSP --> Freedom Unlimited and product changed the Freedom --> Freedom Flex in October so that I'd have at least one month of showing I no longer have a Sapphire product. I spoke with CS a few times along the way to ensure that I would be eligible for the CSR SUB if I applied in December (given I got my CSP SUB in December 4 years ago) and they assured me I would. 

Applied about a week ago and got the "you'll receive a letter in 2 weeks" email response, which appears to be a fairly standard affair. I did confirm it was still saying "2 weeks" via subsequent phone calls a couple of days later. Got the confrimation email that my application was approved on Wednesday and the card came today (why is UPS delivering mail on Christmas??). CL much higher than what my CSP was when I applied 4 years ago (it was about $9,000), but my credit is far stronger now than it was then (820 at time of application). I expected to be approved as I have never carried a balance of had a late payment in 4 years, and also have a checking account with them. Even still, it's always nice when a plan comes togehter. My goal at Chase was the CSR at some point, but I wasn't interested until I could also get the SUB for it, so I waited for today's arrival and it came. Heart

This is my first card application since January which I applied for and was approved for the USB Cash+ and USB Altitude Go cards.

Once again, I have the myFICO forums to thank for my current credit, as I've received tons of guidance from the community along the way to get from ~710 --> ~820. Awesome community.

Merry Christmas to all and may your credit scores only rise higher in 2022.

Nice card; enjoy it. Thanks for providing the data on your strategy to get the card and the SUB.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 13
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

That's a nice Christmas gift, congrats on the nice approval and Merry Christmas!

Message 4 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Fantastic SL grats on the CS Reserve Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase approval!!

Message 6 of 13
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Hey I was wondering if there would be an approval thread for Christmas.  Congratulations.

And yep, you bet UPS and other carriers are working hard this holiday.

Message 7 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CSR approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your CSR. Very nice Christmas present indeed.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the strong approval! Merry Christmas!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.