cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Datapoints...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Datapoints...

Howdy. I applied for the CSR recently. Below are some interesting datapoints from my experience:

As a background, I went 120 days late on several student loan accounts last year, and have been rebuilding my credit ever since. I had 700+ scores prior to the lates, and as of the beginning of June my EX score was 688 - 14 months after the last late reported.

I applied for the CSR with the following stats:

688 EX score (696 Bankcard Score)

1 Inq in the past year, AoYA of 1 year

1% credit utilization (~$250 out of ~$25,000)

AoOA of 6 years

13 Accounts, 6 revolving & 5 installment

2.5 year history with Chase (Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature)

18% debt to income ratio

$60,000+ income

I applied and was met with a message saying that they needed more time to review my application. I then received an email saying that they would let me know soon (no time frame given). I waited 3 hours, and then called the automated line, which told me I would find out in 2 weeks... a good sign Smiley Happy.

On a slightly unrelated note, I noticed some strange things at this time. I am currently a Chase customer, and I applied for the card through my Chase account, but when I tried to check my application status online, it always said that I had no applications - so whenever I wanted to check, I had to call the number.  Even after I was approved and the card appeared on my account, the application never appeared. Additionally, I received a sudden 50% CLI on my Amazon Prime card ($3,000 --> $4,500). This was the first CLI I'd received since getting the card 2.5 years ago, and I didn't ask for it. Was this related to the CSR app? Perhaps. 

I waited 36 hours and checked the automated line... still 2 weeks. I then called the recon line and, after waiting and then verifying some information, I experienced what many on these forums have experienced: I was approved over the phone, with a CL of $19,000. 

Needless to say, I am pleasantly surprised. I would've thought that with 120 day lates on my report, I wouldn't be able to apply for anything remotely nice and succeed. It seems like it is possible, though, given the right circumstances. My account was pretty optimized (few inqs, low util etc.), and I had a decent history with Chase as well, so that probably helped me a good bit. For what it's worth, I also applied for the Amex platinum on the same night and was declined (soft pull - I am an Amex cardholder), so that's an interesting datapoint, too, consdering that I have a very short history with Amex by comparison. 

I will update with my CARS score when I receive the card Smiley Happy

Edit: CARS score was 727

27 REPLIES 27
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Datapoints...

Congratulations! Enjoy your success, and I hope this speeds your recovery.

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on both your approval and your CLI!

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card! And a nice CLI!
Message 4 of 28
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

The two certainly may have been related, but you don't often hear about a new credit card triggering a CLI on a different card with that bank. So either it was a crazy cooincidence, or the CSR app somehow triggered an auto-review of your other card.

Did your income change significantly in the last 2.5 years? Maybe when you sent chase new income info on the CSR app, it simultaneously associated the higher income with your other account, triggering an auti-CLI.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 5 of 28
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

You...REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  from 1 Rebuilder to another Rebuilder, on your CSR Approval, your Amazon Prime auto CLI, and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! Outstanding SL! Thank you for sharing your dp's.

moneyphoto.jpg

Message 7 of 28
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new Sapphire Reserve!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval with a big SL and the CLI! Enjoy 😄

Message 9 of 28
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.