cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval post-recon!!

tag
sbabs1997
Established Member

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval post-recon!!

This is literally a dream come true! I posted yesterday about my rebuild and going for CSR and possibly an app spree so most of the core stats are there but I was 710 EQ, 711 TU, and 703 EX at the time of app.

I froze my EQ and applied yesterday because one of my subprime cards were reporting incorrectly (showed maxed out balance when it was 0) and got the 30 days message. Called auto recon yesterday and got 2 weeks then this morning called and got 7-10 days. Called recon line this morning and got the nicest lady who asked about the freeze and I explained the situation to her, then transferred me to another really awesome person who asked me a bunch of verification questions and again about the freeze. She then said she'll check if she can give me an update or if it's too early and about a minute later said I was approved for $10K!!!! I was so so ecstatic and laughed with her on the phone, but so excited to get my goal card. Before this I had 2 NFCU's $6700 and $1900 limit with 0 balance, a Cap1 QS1 $400 limit and Milestone $700 limit. Jumping straight to CSR was a 1 in a million chance but I'm so happy about this. Having a 1.5 yr relationship with Chase checking and high spending definitely could've played a part but in any case super happy to be in the family.

I did apply for a Citi DoubleCash after and was denied, but I saw that people have had recon luck so going to try there and see? May have been the back to back apps but would love to have just those two and drop the low limit cards and head to the garden! So excited

11 REPLIES 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval post-recon!!

Congrats on your CSR Approval

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Chase CSR approval!

Thanks for sharing your DPs! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Very nice, congrats on your new CSR!

Message 4 of 12
mgood
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CSR!

vader_thumbs_up.jpg

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 19
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 5 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CSR approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 12
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@sbabs1997 wrote:

This is literally a dream come true! I posted yesterday about my rebuild and going for CSR and possibly an app spree so most of the core stats are there but I was 710 EQ, 711 TU, and 703 EX at the time of app.

I froze my EQ and applied yesterday because one of my subprime cards were reporting incorrectly (showed maxed out balance when it was 0) and got the 30 days message. Called auto recon yesterday and got 2 weeks then this morning called and got 7-10 days. Called recon line this morning and got the nicest lady who asked about the freeze and I explained the situation to her, then transferred me to another really awesome person who asked me a bunch of verification questions and again about the freeze. She then said she'll check if she can give me an update or if it's too early and about a minute later said I was approved for $10K!!!! I was so so ecstatic and laughed with her on the phone, but so excited to get my goal card. Before this I had 2 NFCU's $6700 and $1900 limit with 0 balance, a Cap1 QS1 $400 limit and Milestone $700 limit. Jumping straight to CSR was a 1 in a million chance but I'm so happy about this. Having a 1.5 yr relationship with Chase checking and high spending definitely could've played a part but in any case super happy to be in the family.

I did apply for a Citi DoubleCash after and was denied, but I saw that people have had recon luck so going to try there and see? May have been the back to back apps but would love to have just those two and drop the low limit cards and head to the garden! So excited

@sbabs1997 great decision that paid off, congrats!  I was thinking about doing that yesterday as well after I was approved for a NFCU plat 20K SL but then denied for a chase card.  I think I was denied due to the 5/24 rule but didn't realize that until after. I thought they had a prequal link but I had a HI on both EX and TU plus the denial?!?!?!?  Anyway, congrats on the recon, props!!!

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Chase Sapphire Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 8 of 12
Blender
Established Contributor

congrats!
this one is at the top of my want list once my score improves

4/2024

Message 9 of 12
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on getting a goal card and nice SL! 🎊 

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.