Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval!!!

After being pre-approved for all 4 cards up to the CSP, I applied for the CSR over the weekend and got the 30 day message which was also confirmed by the robo lady. Called lending which said my application was pending verification in the verification dept. I called the verification dept and they asked for me to send them back a passcode they sent to me and I was approved with a 10k starting limit! I could not be happier as it has been my goal to get this card after cleaning up my credit this past year. 

Background on me:

FICO Score 8 (EX): 623

Income: $100k+

AoAA: 4yrs 8 months

3 collection accounts and lates (a little over 1 yr old)

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval!!!

WOW that is really amazing!  Totes jealous here as I am chomping to get that CSR but am way over 5/24.

What was your X/24 figure on new credit card accounts when you apped?

Also second question: what was your highest credit limit on any account reporting when you apped?

Getting it with a 623 FICO EX is also amazing.

I was hoping I would get "your offers" back on November 30th as it was 6 months after my last offers appeared but alas on December 1st the green checkmark showed up finally and it was for a credit card terminal (lololol'd for 5 minutes).

So far, no more offers for me, and my EX is 710 but I have a ton of new accounts and 10 inquiries on EX to age off.  Grumble grumble.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I was 0/24 when I applied for the CSR. My highest credit limit on an account was 4.8k.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice to have Chase extend you double your past high limit!  0/24 is amazing, congrats on gardening forever.

I'd love a CSR in 2018 because the CSP is mostly useless to me, but my goal right now is to watch for any possible offers after logging in, and if I see one, I'll mosey on down to the branch and see if they have any in-branch offers (those seem to be better at overcoming 5/24).

Otherwise, I won't be below 5/24 until 2019 as I still have 2 more cards I'm going to snag in 2018 for sure (Amex Platinum and Discover IT Miles for a 3% general spend card for a year).  So assuming I snag those in March, 5/24 is a very, very, very long haul away.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.
Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazing job at your score. Your income must have really impressed Chase. Good job gardening 2 years plusSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations..

3 collections and lates at just a little over a year and a 623 score. I'm glad for you, but they could come back and close it in a month. It's happened a few times that I have seen. I hope they don't, honestly. I wish you lots of luck.

I have seen the Freedom go through with a profile such as yours. My profile was horrible and a 634 EX back when I got Freedom.

But CSR? Doesn't seem logical for an approval. 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think income was a big factor in this approval. Did they ask for POI?

Also, if I remember correctly the collection accounts are medical. Perhaps, those are treated differently.
Message 8 of 19
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Nice!! congrats

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn’t realize they could close the account shortly after an approval lol. Doesn’t make sense but thanks for keeping me in check.

I think income and the 0/24 was a major player here. They did not ask for POI. My collection accounts are not related to credit card debt.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.