Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval!!!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval!!!

Congrats on your approval.

I am actually pretty shocked on the approval as well.. Income certainly played a role and being 0/24 played a role as well.  What confuses me is they were willing to look over 3 pretty recent CA's and I believe you said late payment of approx a year or alittle over a year ago(that is considered recent in the credit world)?  That is what has me shocked.  I understand if it has been 3-6 years, but 1 year is pretty or really recent.  

I guess take it like you stole it and enjoy it and use it responsibility, but please please PAY IT and don't let it go into another CO/CA's as Chase gave you a very nice early x-mas gift for sure with this approval.  As you make a good income there should be no real reasons for CO's/CA's anymore with said income.  Not trying to lecture you, but many people would love to be in your shoes!

Also with that income I would suggest you try to pay off your 3 CA's as I believe you said they were unpaid?  Try to get them to PFD or at least pay them so you don't get slapped with a judgement or a garnishment and that is worse than just paying them flat out on your terms vs. theirs.

edit: to replace CO with CA's and other thoughts.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Didn’t realize they could close the account shortly after an approval lol. Doesn’t make sense but thanks for keeping me in check.

I think income and the 0/24 was a major player here. They did not ask for POI. My collection accounts are not related to credit card debt.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm hugely glad for you! Just ultimately extremely surprised. And yes, Chase has been known to close accounts later...

Don't EVER communicate with them to cause a manual review.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be paying the full balance every month. Also, my collection accounts are paid. I looked a the credit pull database and it seems i’m not the only one able to pull something like this off. I just realized that one of my collections was in fact related to credit, but it is paid. Sorry for the confusion.
Message 13 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After being pre-approved for all 4 cards up to the CSP, I applied for the CSR over the weekend and got the 30 day message which was also confirmed by the robo lady. Called lending which said my application was pending verification in the verification dept. I called the verification dept and they asked for me to send them back a passcode they sent to me and I was approved with a 10k starting limit! I could not be happier as it has been my goal to get this card after cleaning up my credit this past year. 

Background on me:

FICO Score 8 (EX): 623

Income: $100k+

AoAA: 4yrs 8 months

3 collection accounts and lates (a little over 1 yr old)

Congratulations, a nice card

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 14 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous Thanks for the updated info of the 3 CA's being paid that certainly helped you as well.. I would still be reaching out to them and asking if they will delete them off your report by phone and snail mail as your scores will sky rocket if you can get them off your report.

Congrats again on a nice approval!

edit: my CSR is my goto dining card/travel card.. I love it. 3x UR's is awesome and worth every penny of the AF plus the 300 travel credit that can be used on uber to flights or hotels makes it a 150 af card then get your TSA or Global entry and then it makes it a 50 dollar AF card for the first year you have it then thereafter it is a 150 AF card which is still well worth it if you pump alot of eating out and travel through it!  I earn about 5000k UR's per month on mine.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity Thanks! I’m looking forward to using the card as I dine out and use Uber quite a bit. Also, looking forward to that sweet SUB.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Look at that. I bet you are all smiles this week. What a way to start Monday!
Message 17 of 19
Hotcoals91
Regular Contributor

Yes congradulations. I hear the reserve is like the holy grail. Use it wisely.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again everyone! Smiley Happy 

I called the robo lady later in the day just for extra confirmation lol. Also, made sure to have them expedite the card when I was talking to the rep. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.