Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval

tag
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval

So I've been eyeing the CSR for some time now and have been patiently waiting to see if a green check mark would ever show up with the offer to apply. My only other Chase card is a piddly $1500 Freedom that I barely use so I didn't think it would ever happen. BUT it finally did!

I app'd for the card and got a 30 day message. **bleep**, I think, and then resign myself to the fact that Chase's internal score must blow since I don't use the tiny Freedom. ARGH what CC teases they are, I think. Why did they give me the green check mark? *gnash teeth*

I get an alert from CK that they pulled my TU then an alert on myFico that they pulled my EX. I kick myself for having tried and wasted two inq's. (TU hasn't shown up on myFico yet)

The next day I log into my Chase account and I see a new CC listed, it's a CSR! I click on it and see that it's got a $19,200 limit. I'm sure that's relatively conservative for CSR in general but it's not bad for my portfolio. 😊

Stats prior to app:

Inq's: 1 EQ, 3 TU, 1 EX

1% UTI

784 EQ, 786 TU, 791 EX

$105,000 income

CC portfolio as in my sig

1 mortgage

1 student loan

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval

Congrats on your CSR approval.

@atarvuzdar wrote:

So I've been eyeing the CSR for some time now and have been patiently waiting to see if a green check mark would ever show up with the offer to apply. My only other Chase card is a piddly $1500 Freedom that I barely use so I didn't think it would ever happen. BUT it finally did!

I app'd for the card and got a 30 day message. **bleep**, I think, and then resign myself to the fact that Chase's internal score must blow since I don't use the tiny Freedom. ARGH what CC teases they are, I think. Why did they give me the green check mark? *gnash teeth*

I get an alert from CK that they pulled my TU then an alert on myFico that they pulled my EX. I kick myself for having tried and wasted two inq's. (TU hasn't shown up on myFico yet)

The next day I log into my Chase account and I see a new CC listed, it's a CSR! I click on it and see that it's got a $19,200 limit. I'm sure that's relatively conservative for CSR in general but it's not bad for my portfolio. 😊

Stats prior to app:

Inq's: 1 EQ, 3 TU, 1 EX

1% UTI

784 EQ, 786 TU, 791 EX

$105,000 income

CC portfolio as in my sig

1 mortgage

1 student loan

Message 2 of 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your new card!

Message 3 of 19
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval and pretty nice SL.

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and monster SL !!!!

Message 5 of 19
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting approved for possibly the best travel card out there!
Message 6 of 19
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CSR approval! I really wanted the CSR since I travel a lot. But I was way past 5/24 so I had to PC to the CSR from my CSP. It's been a terrific card; enjoy!
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 19
LunaBuna
Regular Contributor

Similar actions with my CSP app.   Except they called to verify I applied.

Congrats. 

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. 🎊🎉🍾🥓🎈. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.