Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval

Just thought I’d share my results after applying for the Chase Sapphire Reserve. I got an instant approval with a starting limit of 33K at 18.99% APR. Finally reached the end game of my credit card goals! A few data points for those interested:

-Scores: 764 TU, 761 EXP, 762 EFX
-Annual Income (household): $133K
-Current rent: $740.00
-AaoA: 1 year 11 months
-Oldest Account: 3 years 6 months
-# of accounts: 9 credit cards, 1 auto loan and one closed auto loan
-Derogs: none
-Inquiries: Six on both EXP and EFX (thats who they pulled)
-Cards recently opened: Chase Freedom Unlimited 8/19/2017 (waited 2 years exactly), Fifth Third Trio 8/30/2017 (never used it), Chase Freedom 5/20/2019 and Chase Ink Business Cash 5/20/2019. Technically only 2/24 since the Ink doesn’t count
-Utilization: 1% overall and 15% on my freedom unlimited which was the only card reporting a balance. I have had heavy usage on this card generally reporting a balance of 1-2k per month and paying several times in cycle/in full once statement cuts

Hope that helps anyone who was like me that spent years scowering forums trying to get an idea of approval odds. My Quadfecta is united and now full speed ahead. See you in the airport lounge!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval

Awesome approval, congrats and then some!

Message 2 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the CSR Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great approval! Great post! Congratulations. 

Question: what was the approval amounts on the other cards? Was there a progression of SL?

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Yes there was a bit of progression in the SLs. From the beginning as best as I can recall in chronological order:

-Capital One secured card (first ever): $300 SL - now $600 and gathering dust (3 years 6 months old)

-Citi Double Cash: $1,000 SL - now $5,500 after 2 maybe 3 CLIs spaced out (2 years 2 months old)

-American Express: $6,000 SL - now $25,000 after following someones post to request double the CL amount twice within first two months (2 years old)

-Discover: $7,000 SL - now $15,7000 after multiple, at least 6, sporadic CLIs (2 years old)

-Chase Freedom Unlimited: $4,500 SL - now $7,000 after my only ever auto CLI after 1st year card anniversary (2 years old)

-Fifth Third Trio (the mistake card): $1,000.00 SL - still $1,000 and probably won't ever increase (soon to be 2 years old at EOM)

-Chase Freedom: $21,700.00 SL and too new for increase (3 months old)

-Chase Ink Business Cash: $14,000.00 SL and too new for increase (3 months old)

I basically got a whole bunch of cards in August 2 years ago to try to build a history after starting out with the Capital One secured. Once AMEX bumped me to 25K after the 2nd statement cut that was the catalyst that opened my profile up to higher limits. 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

super approval ! nicely done ,,,

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CSR approval with a nice SL!  Thanks for sharing those dp's! 

Message 7 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 19
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats!

And very nice progression on those accounts.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Super Awesome CSR Approval, CongratulationsSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.