Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval!!!

Since beginning the journey to lift my credit scores from the low 600's to the 720's range over the last year, I had been eyeing the CSR card. I wasn't sure if I would get it, as I applied for the card three weeks after seeing my FICO jump to the 720's. Chase pulled my Equifax which was  727 at the time. I applied last Sunday April 28th telling myself to just go for it. I initially saw "We received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible" which had me worried. From Sunday the 28th to Friday May 3rd, I would receive the "We'll let you know in writing within 30 days of receiving your application" message whenever I would call the automated line to check the status of my application. Late in the evening on Friday May 3rd I received  the dreaded "We'll let you know in 7-10 days" message which immediately made me believe that I wasn't going to be approved. I have two 30 day lates over the years and combined loan debt of 24k over an auto and a personal loan. Also Chase was the first bank to issue me a credit card at 18 (over 10 years ago) which I ended up settling for less than the full amount at the age of 19/20... dumb kid mistake which I thought they'd still be mad about, though it had fallen off of my report years prior.

I called the reconsideration line Saturday morning (May 4th) to find out that a decision hadn't been made and I'd have to speak with another Chase dept on Monday since they were closed on the weekend. I called just now fully prepared to be rejected only to find out that I was approved with a 13k starting limit! Card should be here in 1-2 weeks! With all the travel I have coming up over the next year I'm really excited about this credit card! Thanks for everyone on the forums as I've scoured this place for months to get info on credit, travel cards, SUBs, etc. Thanks everyone! Hopefully others who get the "7-10 business day" message will have hope in getting their approvals too! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval!!!

Nice! Congrats on your CSR approval! Hopefully, someday, Chase will let me back in too. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and SL!

Message 3 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"I was approved with a 13k starting limit!"

Congrats!!!

Message 4 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card 

Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Fantastic SL and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Petit3tee
Contributor

Congrats on the approval and the killing sl!
Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 7 of 14
jwa77
Contributor

Were you over 5/24 perchance? why did they take so long to approve you or is this standard biz as usual for chase? I'm debating applying but if store cards count..then I have to technically wait until next February.  I can't seem to find if store cards count or not...and I still have no clue why Chase won't just publish their damned rules instead of making people guess.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!!!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Really nice SL and getting back in with chase has to be a great feeling
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.