cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved!!!! (Cold App Online - No Check Marks)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved!!!! (Cold App Online - No Check Marks)

I am almost afraid to jinx myself by writing this since I only received my approval a few minutes ago. At the same time I have been reading every single word on these forums religiously with anything in regard to Chase for over a month now so it's only fair that I share for others in the same boat. 

I have been wanting the CSP for awhile and after extensive research I found that even though I only take a few trips a year the CSR is actually a much better deal. I wanted everything perfect on my credit report before applying and I was hoping that would be the case by now, but it wasn't. The one thing killing me was Utilization. All three CRA's were showing my utilization at 50% which isn't completely accurate. I have a Temperpedic with 0%APR and a separate Furniture loan with the same 0%. These are not revolving credit cards and on FAKO they don't count in utilization, but on the FICO sites they do. I also have a zero balance on a $7,600 Sterling Jewelers account which is my oldest open account, but not reporting at all because they sold to Comenity. My total credit limit is under $25k so you can see how all of this has tanked my utilization because the two furniture ones are only counting the balances in the utilization and not the original credit line. I don't know if they all do this, but both furniture stores show the accounts as closed. I thought about paying them off, but 0% is hard not to take full advantage of.

I have a very addictive personality so it was truly interrupting my life reading all the forums and articles about this card, checking for green check marks (never had any offers whatsoever, I have Chase auto financing so maybe its enough to get you to the offer screen but not get actual offers), checking credit reports/scores and the prequal page. So tonight I filled out the application for probably the 3rd time except this time I said @$#& it and hit the apply button. I had so much work to do tonight that I knew I couldn't spend another night lost in these forums. Why it was loading I saw on the page tab it said "Approved" and I jumped before it even finished loading. Then I saw $32K with 16.99% APR and my heart started racing. This is double my highest limit card which is a AMEX BCP (not reporting yet) I just got at the beginning of November. Other than that I have a Cap One QS at $11K that started as a Platinum I think at $300.

After 10 minutes of running around in disbelief and chasing my wife down who thought I lost my mind. She doesn't get it like you all do. I went back to the approval page and it said click here to set things up. I clicked on it and it was literally stuck loading saying Verifying Information so then I started to panic. After watching it spin for 5 minutes with no change I logged into my Chase account for my auto finance and sure enough the card was there. Already setup the auto payments in case I ever forget. 

Stats at time of application:

FICO 8

EQ 793 (no inquiries)

EX 775 (1 - 11/13/17)

TU 721(1 - 1/31/16) has paid tax lien from 2009 which is an even longer story that I should dispute, but I keep thinking it will just come off.

AAOA 8.7 years

Chase Pre Qual showed 4 cards (not CSR) all at the highest APR.

Pulled Experian only as far as I know, but I don't know if it takes longer to get alerts from the other two.

**UPDATE** Received an alert today that they pulled Equifax as well.

There are a few other cards I really want, but I wasn't going to apply for anything until I got this one. Then after reading some of the posts about Chase rescinding approvals I am too scared to apply for any after too. 

Chase Freedom to move the UR points to CSR for the higher redemption and Chase Amazon because I shop on Amazon a good amount. 

Thank you all and sorry for the long ramble. 

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved!!!! (Cold App Online - No Check Marks)

Congrats!

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. That is one nice approval and story.
Message 3 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the approval/SL!
Message 4 of 27
restdani
New Contributor

wow! congrats on your journey,
great SL. chase is awesome to bank with.
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you.  Hopefully you have lots of money to spend.  That's a huge SL.

I noticed one of my cards sent me an offer for 0% financing until August 2018.  The downside?  They increase my APR a half percent after that.  Kinda feels like a trick.

The APR on your card seems kinda steep along with that annual fee.  If you come anywhere near that credit limit I hope you can pay in full to avoid those interests charges.

Message 6 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The APR on your card seems kinda steep along with that annual fee.  If you come anywhere near that credit limit I hope you can pay in full to avoid those interests charges.

As with any rewards card if you're paying interest you're not doing rewards earning right since it cuts into your "profit" the card gets. And the OP actually got the best APR for that card since Sapphire cards' APRs are high to begin with. Like you said defintely not a card you don't want a running balance on.

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As with any rewards card if you're paying interest you're not doing rewards earning right since it cuts into your "profit" the card gets. And the OP actually got the best APR for that card since Sapphire cards' APRs are high to begin with. Like you said defintely not a card you don't want a running balance on.

I can definitley see where you can get into trouble with these limits. My biggest problem was I had been using a debit card my entire adult life and missing out on all the rewards. Up until a few months ago that was the only card I used since I really didn't have much credit available. I messed up with credit when I turned 18 and then was scared of it forever. The only balances I really carry are the 0% for Best Buy, Pay Pal (hidden for now) and furniture stores which hopefully my DW is satisfied in that department for the next decade. 

BTW does anyone know how you get the card overnighted like I read so many people talking about? Mine said it would arrive in 7-10 days and with the time of year I would really like to get started on that $4k.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Call in and ask for them to rush ship it. Got my preferred in technically 2 business days since I called in late at night.
Message 9 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Call in to have them overnight it and they'll do it. Think you can send a secured message as well but I figure most people feel better about talking to someone about it. Do it ASAP because there's probably a point of no return of them rushing a card once it gets printed/made.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.