Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved with 15k income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved with 15k income

I have a relatively low income compared to other online data so I hope my background will help anyone with similar situations.

I'm a college grad, currently taking some time off preparing for grad school. Apart from studying I work a part time job plus volunteer at a lab. My family lives in a foreign country so I make sure to visit at least once a year. I chose CSR because I was attracted to the $300 travel credit and wanted to work on the trifecta for maximum value. 

Visited a branch today with no luck on pre-approvals but applied for the card anyways. Given my 15k income, I thought the chances were slim. The banker did the application for me and right after had to call a line for further verifications (in which a senior banker said calling this line indicates a 99% chance of approval? not sure about that) After a few holds on the line (approximately 8-10 minutes) I was told the application got approved for 10k CL. The entire process (from application to getting approved) took about 30-40 minutes. 

I hope my experience will help others in need. Thank you for reading!

Income 15k

TU 767, EQ 774

5yr 10 mo credit history

$4,100 CL with Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature (1.5yr history)

$1,000 CL with local credit union 

17% credit usage (paid off all balance before applying)

13 REPLIES 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved with 15k income

Welcome to the forums, @Anonymous! And congratulations on your CSR approval there! Appreciate the datapoints you shared so that it may help others in the future. Well done!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. 2 / 3rds of your income, wow, that's great.
Enjoy.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

welcome to the boards and congrats on your approval ,,enjoy the card

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go on the approval and SL!  Thanks for sharing!

Message 5 of 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Welcome, welcome, and welcome again.

You did it!You did it!

Congratulations! That is awesome, as I expect you are.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What an approval! Go for the gold and you land diamonds ... enjoy the benefits of the JP Morgan Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite! Room to travel now. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

BIG  CONGRATS @jho9 on your CSR approval, the AWESOME SL, Thanks for the Data Points (DPs), and Welcome to the FORUMS!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 14
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Nice! Congrats!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! That is an awesome approval! Enjoy your shiny new card. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.