Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved

Just got approved for the Sapphire Reserve, with a CL of $30,000.  Did not get it online, but after more than 1 day. I think the problem is that I've opened 5 new personal credit cards, one business CC and one gas station card. All within the last 6 months. I was concerned with the 5/24 rule. But apparently this is my 6th new CC over the last 6 months. I've also closed several CCs. 

With the holidys coming and some family travel on the horizon, I figure we'll get the signup bonus. 

This should be my last CC to apply. I never like Capital One CCs. No Barclay either. Just me.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved

Congratulations! It sounds like you will a nice holiday this year! Many people have stated applying in branch bypasses 5/24 rule. So, it looks like that is what happened with you. Refraining from applying for more cc's is always a good idea. That way you are ready for when the next new card with huge sign bonus comes along!

Btw, having the high scores that you do, Capital One doesn't really have anything that would be worth your while. They mostly benefit those with fair credit like me..Lol! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I did not apply it at branch, just from web.

I have just had bad impression on Capital One, not to bash them here. I know there are a lot of Capital One customers here.

Over the years, I've received many many mailings from Capital One. They kept sending pre-approved CC offers in the mail. And their mailings are so thick, with some hard materials, so that I could not even tear them to the trash bin. I had to open and tear it. Pain for me.

I did apply CC with its pre-approval offer. And amazingly, I was denied. So no Capital One for me ever since. 

Message 3 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Had all the new accounts shown up on your CR when you applied?  

Message 4 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Don't know. The Wawa and Double Cash in August, both BA cards and Chase Southwest in September. I thinkk the CBs get the the updates very quickly.

Message 5 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I moved around my Chase CLs and make this card a CL of $50k. The Freedom still has $15k CL. Those will be my backbone CCs.

Message 6 of 11
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats and happy holidays!

Message 8 of 11
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Congrats on your CSR! It's an awesome CC!

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Just got approved for the Sapphire Reserve, with a CL of $30,000.  Did not get it online, but after more than 1 day. I think the problem is that I've opened 5 new personal credit cards, one business CC and one gas station card. All within the last 6 months. I was concerned with the 5/24 rule. But apparently this is my 6th new CC over the last 6 months. I've also closed several CCs. 

With the holidys coming and some family travel on the horizon, I figure we'll get the signup bonus. 

This should be my last CC to apply. I never like Capital One CCs. No Barclay either. Just me.

Congrats on the CSR! I was apporved for it yesterday. Am very excited!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.