Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved

I applied for the CSR online about a week ago and was not immediately approved, which frankly shocked the hell out of me given my 8+ years relationship with Chase and my credit history/scores. I waited and called the 800# daily for updates (it never changed from the 30 day message), so I eventually hit "0" to talk to a real person. After being transferred to the verification department, it was just a matter of making sure that it was in fact me who applied for the card... I guess they wait for you to get frustrated/impatient enough to call in instead of them proactively calling you? Must be a side effect of having a card in such high demand! Smiley Tongue

I was FINALLY and quickly approved and given a new credit limit of $22,500! I requested overnight shippiing, hoping against hope it could be done, but they still only have the 3-business day expedited option which I of course accepted.

About me...

Income: ~$75k/year

CS: All above 800, across all bureaus - Absolutely no late payments, fraud cases, or any other "baddies" on my report.

AAoA: 9.5yrs  (My really old, unused college WF Plat card propping that up!)

Number of accounts: 3 credit cards (2 active), 1 active 72mo car loan, 1 paid 72mo car loan with Chase, and a Chase checking account (2yrs old)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approved

Thanks for the DP's and congrats on the approval and very nice SL.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! on a sweet approval, JC. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Enjoy your new CSR card! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and nice SL 😎.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 5 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and awesome SL!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 9
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Great card with an amazing approval! I just got approved for my CSP!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Chase does some weird things when it come to approvals I think. I apped for CSR in March18 with a 800+ score across all 3 reports and was denied. I apped again in November18 after opening new car loan with scores all around 780 and got approved. Hit the spending bonus last week, now waiting to see how long it takes for points to show up.
Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats , rare to see the classic profile getting the goldSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.