Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve CLI

tag
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserve CLI

Back in July I was approved for a CSR with a $19,200 limit. 

Live been using the card as my primary ever since--I needed to meet the $5,000 spend in 3 months to get the 50,000 bonus, DH and I had been planning a cruise so I put that on it, as well, and we eat out quite often. All told, I've put about $16,000 in spend through the card since July. I've been letting the card report with anywhere between $2,000-$7,500 each month except for this last one where I only allowed about $450 report. 

Just logged in and saw Chase has rewarded me with a $4,500 CLI for a total credit limit of $23,700--not bad, I wasn't sure if a CLI would ever happen! 

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve CLI

Congrats!!

Message 2 of 9
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Congratulations! The CSR is a great travel card and you have a terrific SL.

Chase is all about maximum credit exposure. As long as you haven't maxed out with them, a CLI is possible.

My problem--and the reason I'll never get one--is that Chase considers my Ink Business Preferred card part of my overall exposure. The Ink Preferred card (which essentially is the business version of the CSR) has a $100K SL and 10 of my staff are AUs. Even though the company pays the bills for that card, Chase still insists on counting that SL as part of my personal credit exposure. As a result, I'm likely maxed out and may never see a CLI on my personal cards!

Message 3 of 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. Enjoy the cruise.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 4 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Message 5 of 9
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I received my CSR back in October with $19,500 SL. I reached the $4000 spend requirment in a month in a half. I hope to receive a CLI after 3-6 months. Your post gives me hope, for this is the only CC I currently use, which has the lowest limit unfortunately.

Message 6 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI !!!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ridgebackpilot

interesting information - did you learn about this from a conversation with a Chase UW?  ...the max exposure part. 

can you flat out ask "what's the maximum exposure you're willing to grant?"

regarding max out - are you referring to 'currently maxed out' or 'maxed out at any point in time'?

like an idiot I maxed out  my Chase Freedom a couple years ago before realizing that hurt my already bad credit rating.  Didn't know about utilization ....anyway, hope to get my Chase cards' CLs increased over time with some help from autoCLIs, would stink to have to burn 3 HPs to get 3 cards increased and then another HP for whenever it's time to try to get a different account/rewards program.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.