cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR 11k Approval)!!!

tag
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR 11k Approval)!!!

My starting credit line is: $11,000 January 10th, 2017.

Credit score at time of approval: EX 742
Cards: 4/24 when I applied.
AAoA: 1+ years.

Total Utilization: 0%, Pay in full every month.

In total Chase has approved me for 50% of my annual income.

Wow, this is my highest starting limit and best travel card.

I was unsure if I was going to be approved for this card since I already had two other Chase cards with good credit lines. I was happy to see that I was instantly approved for $11,000. My main motivation was that this cards $1,000 sign up bonus is getting lowered online to $500 on Jan 12th, 2017.

My thought was go for it now, rather than wait and try in a branch office up to March 12th, 2017 or so. I would rather be rejected in the privacy of my own home if it happens. I'm glad I was approved though, this will help with an upcoming trip. 

It also flashes me back to Dec. 2014 when I got my first credit card the Chase Freedom. I was approved with a $500 CL, so much has changed since then. I only applied for that card because I wanted to rent a car. Now with the history I've built I'm looked at with more trust and that allows for more benefits.

I'll note that Chase wants you to have more of it's products. When I look at the amounts they approved me for and increased me too, they made space available to be approved for 50% of my income. I think they rather you have different products than approve you for higher CL's.

At this point I have 6 CC's, half of them from Chase in 25 month period and i'm not in a hurry to get my 7th. Thank you MyFico, there's so many data points to reflect on before making decisions and that helps greatly. This is also on the tail of my CLI for my Citi DC so, things are going pretty good.

I wish everyone much success, it's not about reaching your goals in a month or 2, it's about keeping steady and living your life and meeting goals on the way to greater happiness. Happy New Year.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR 11k Approval)!!!

11 thousand congrats and a shiny saphire in reserve , just in case Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a great starting limit.  Congratulations.

Message 3 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Good job on bringing home the Chase CSR approval!

Message 4 of 6
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Good job on bringing home the Chase CSR approval!

Yeah it actually makes me feel like I can be approved for almost any good CC, which is nice to know. Building a good history, earning great benefits and some confidence to boot is what this is all about more or less. Along with being in a position to help family and friends with your newly gained knowledge if you so desired.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.