Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve app with 5/24

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserve app with 5/24

Hello everybody

I have been absent on MyFico for quite some time and therefore I am not up-to-date anymore.Smiley Sad  Even though I am fully aware of Chase 5/24 rule I could not resist in an application.  Chase double pulled as usual for me and I got the 30 day message which is what I have been getting in the past.  I am at 4 major cc and 1 store card  so 5/24 and 1 major would be outside in January 17 or December 16 depending on how that is looked at. (date on my report 12/01/14) But since I have to charge a high amount end of November early December I took the risk and applied because like this the minimum spend would be done in 1 transaction.  I know it should officially lead to a denial as the 5/24 is firm but since my EX and EQ are inquiry free I figured I will still shoot this app off and go for a gamble. Score is 783/780.  The big question is how the store card is looked at ?  Assume that when on report it is the same as a major cc?  

Does anybody know how the 24 months period is counted?  Card reported 12/01/14 outside on 12/01/16 or only 01/01/17?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve app with 5/24

I've heard that the 5/24 guideline doesn't always apply; people have reported being approved when they are already at or above 5/24.

I'm at 6/24-7/24 depending on which bureau you look at, and if I go to the Chase pre-qual site I get multiple pre-qual offers.  Most have said that if I'm receiving those offers, I'd likely get approved if I applied.  I have not apped yet, but have considered it.  In March I drop to 3/24-4/24 so it just makes sense for me to not risk the denial at this time and hold off for 4 months should I decide to app for a Chase card, although I'm fairly confident in approval.

Message 2 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've heard that the 5/24 guideline doesn't always apply; people have reported being approved when they are already at or above 5/24.

I'm at 6/24-7/24 depending on which bureau you look at, and if I go to the Chase pre-qual site I get multiple pre-qual offers.  Most have said that if I'm receiving those offers, I'd likely get approved if I applied.  I have not apped yet, but have considered it.  In March I drop to 3/24-4/24 so it just makes sense for me to not risk the denial at this time and hold off for 4 months should I decide to app for a Chase card, although I'm fairly confident in approval.

The bad part for me is that I never get any pre-approvals from Chase and have to blindly cold app Smiley Happy  We will see how that turns out.  No big deal if it does not work out then I simply wait for another occasion where minimum spend is no issue. That might not be until end of 2017 or so.

edit:  Looks that this worked for me - approval after 24 hrs with no need to call for verification or recon. I am happy Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get denied go to the branch and see if you're pre approved. Might be another HP but worth it if you need the card.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ig8, welcome back!

I don't know if you've had a chance to look through the Sapphire Reserve Data Points thread, but from all the posts I read ( ... all of them O_O ), I think you've a good chance of getting or reconing if necessary. Some posters have mentioned the Sapphire not coming up in the Prequal screen because of its more "elite" card status -- in any case, many of us had no offers before applying, so don't let that throw you off.

I really hope you get it (I booked my 2017 trip, literally, a few nights before applying for the Reserve, because I didn't think I'd get it - doh!)!

Message 5 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Ig8, welcome back!

I don't know if you've had a chance to look through the Sapphire Reserve Data Points thread, but from all the posts I read ( ... all of them O_O ), I think you've a good chance of getting or reconing if necessary. Some posters have mentioned the Sapphire not coming up in the Prequal screen because of its more "elite" card status -- in any case, many of us had no offers before applying, so don't let that throw you off.

I really hope you get it (I booked my 2017 trip, literally, a few nights before applying for the Reserve, because I didn't think I'd get it - doh!)!

Thanks Doebear... and guess what it looks you are right. After login to my Chase accounts ....ta da... there it is a new account.  CSR approved for 10K.  Looks that Chase did ignore the store card for me as I had 5 accounts in 24 months with 1 being a store card. Also this is the first approval where I did not have to call in for verification Smiley Happy   Thank you Chase !

Message 6 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your CSR approval.. I am jeally!  Be quite sometime until I am under 5x24 and not about to pc and give up that 100k offer, nope won't happen

Message 7 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Ig8, welcome back!

Thanks Doebear... and guess what it looks you are right. After login to my Chase accounts ....ta da... there it is a new account.  CSR approved for 10K.  Looks that Chase did ignore the store card for me as I had 5 accounts in 24 months with 1 being a store card. Also this is the first approval where I did not have to call in for verification Smiley Happy   Thank you Chase !

woooooooooooooooot!   Congrats!    :]    Enjoy those 100k UR's  (move CSP limit over when you get bored).

Message 8 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on your CSR approval.. I am jeally!  Be quite sometime until I am under 5x24 and not about to pc and give up that 100k offer, nope won't happen

CC, I PC'd and will PC to FU when I'm 5/24, then cold app for CSR.  No problem  :], Remember it is $95 AF until your cards next B-Day (if you PC from CSP).

$95 - $300 - $300 =  $-505  

$505 credit first 12 months.  It's like an extra bonus, lol, plus the extra value of your existing UR's as well as another V Infinite in your wallet.

Ugly card though.

Message 9 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@elim wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Ig8, welcome back!

woooooooooooooooot!   Congrats!    :]    Enjoy those 100k UR's  (move CSP limit over when you get bored).

thanks.. that is way too easy for Chase... I will need to challenge and move CL around and then PC to ..not decided yet but eventually FU. For the moment I will keep the CSP and think about how to kill it in the future Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.