Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve approval with 11/24

tag
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserve approval with 11/24

Went into branch yesterday to see if I might be preapproved.  Was told I was.  So decided to apply after hearing folks getting around the 5/24 in the branch.  Wasn't instantly approved but given the forms, 16.24% int. etc.  Called when I got home. 30 day notice.  Callled again a couple hours later, went to 7-10 day.  Then I remembered that I still had my Experian frozen. I'm in CA and I think they mostly pull EX.  Removed that and called recon this am.  Was told it was declined due to not be able to pull report.  Asked them to try to pull again.  Asked me a few questions.  Approved the card with a $22k SL.  Add that to my Marriott and CSP total CL with Chase now at $63k.  I will probably downgrade the CSP to a Freedom Unlimted once it hits the year mark.  

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve approval with 11/24

Congrats and it appears the branch method is the only way to go for breaking out of 5/24 jail.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Congrats and it appears the branch method is the only way to go for breaking out of 5/24 jail.

And do it while you can, because now that the method is known my guess is the clamps will come down.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe maybe not. Hopefully going in is effectively a manual review. When you are a checking account customer, they can see what goes in and out of the in house accounts every month. That is probably why penfed is so generous aside from the Pyramid Hate, they want bank statements and all kinds of goodies
Message 4 of 21
redpat
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

And do it while you can, because now that the method is known my guess is the clamps will come down.

Yep, they don't want a huge breakout.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to go into a branch today and open a savings account to see if that will help the CSR show up as a pre-approval.

Would be functionally nice because it would replace 2 Amex cards, and allow me to downgrade CSP to normal Freedom which I could then happily toss Discover... Consolidation is the name of the game now! haha

Message 6 of 21
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe maybe not. Hopefully going in is effectively a manual review. When you are a checking account customer, they can see what goes in and out of the in house accounts every month. That is probably why penfed is so generous aside from the Pyramid Hate, they want bank statements and all kinds of goodies

I only had Freedom U and Ink+ cards with chase no other banking relationship.  I gave them my cards and they pulled up my account in a couple of seconds and said I was pre-approved I don't know how much manual review could go on in that short of a time period.

I spent more time BSing with the branch officer than it took me to be approved.

Message 7 of 21
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to go into a branch today and open a savings account to see if that will help the CSR show up as a pre-approval.

Would be functionally nice because it would replace 2 Amex cards, and allow me to downgrade CSP to normal Freedom which I could then happily toss Discover... Consolidation is the name of the game now! haha

You don't need to open an account.  They will tell you right away if you are preapproved or not.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Can you share some data points please. I am wanting to app for it but I am not sure if they will pull EX for me. I apped for Ritz and IHG a few days ago but Chase can't access my EQ because it's frozen and I can't open my EQ right now since I lost my Pin code Smiley Sad. I hope when I app at the branch Chase will pull EX.

Message 9 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No need to open an account, they can tell you if you're preapproved without it, and a basic savings account wouldn't help with a recon anyway.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.