Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve credit request

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve credit request

Hello,

I just applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card last night and got approved for $16,500k instantly I tried to get a credit line increase to $25,000 and was told they needed to do a hard pull "again".  Does anyone have any special number or trick to getting my limit raised without another pull that was just done last night!??

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve credit request

That's standard for Chase. No way around it. Chase may actually do 2 additional pulls, but not always.
Congrats on the approval!!!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! That's super lame.  Is this card hard to get or something?  I'm new to all this. 

@blindambition wrote:

That's standard for Chase. No way around it. Chase may actually do 2 additional pulls, but not always.

Message 3 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 21
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!  Suggested to grow it in the future is a great recommendation!

Message 5 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!! That's super lame.  Is this card hard to get or something?  I'm new to all this. 

@blindambition wrote:

Not a bad SL with your Reserve approval so nothing really "lame" per se if Chase requires another HP to consider anything higher.  That's how Chase rolls 🤷‍♂️  I'd be grateful for the approval and SUB.

Also, not a difficult card to obtain provided there's a decent profile, income, scores, and below 5/24.  

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new Reserve card Smiley Happy

There is no work around to the additional HP other than to use the card and get an auto CLI.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase always does another HP in these cases. Not sure you'll be able to get around it.

Message 9 of 21
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

That's a decent SL, and without any data points, i can't say definitively, but more than likely Chase won't give you a CLI immediately. They felt $16.5k was appropriate for you, and asking for a CLI so soon, while doing a HP will likely cause a denial with an added HP on your file.

i suggest using the card and hopefully they'll give you an AUTO CLI after 4 statements have been cut. But, then again this is 2020 and Corona has changed the game, so i'd be happy with getting approved at all these days.

|  
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.