Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve instant approval

tag
Psmith
Valued Member

Chase Sapphire Reserve instant approval

I gave in to temptation and applied for the CSR. Instantly approved, with a limit of $34K.

Only one other new  credit card account opened in the last two (actually eight) years.

FICO: 819 (Chase pulled Equifax, which promptly dropped to 816.)

No Chase bank accounts.

Only one other Chase credit card, a Freedom, with a limit of $16.9K.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve instant approval

I hope you can deal with the plastic version of the card for a while.  I just read a story on Yahoo news feed that said Chase was swamped with applications and had to resort to making plastic cards for new customers.  When they get caught up you can request the metal one.  The story said Chase did no advertising at all but instead relied on social media to promote the CSR.

Message 2 of 6
Psmith
Valued Member

I may have read the same story on Bloomberg. That's why I decided to apply, before they reduce the generous bonus.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! That's a great starting limit. Post if you get the plastic or metal version please!
Message 4 of 6
Psmith
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats OP! That's a great starting limit. Post if you get the plastic or metal version please!

I got the plastic version, with an insert saying the metal version will be sent at a later time.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like the member above me, mine arrived yesterday inside a standard white envelope with a slip mentioning that a metal card will be automatically sent out ASAP.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.