tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate Approval. Shocked

@Ysettle4 wrote:

CK 640?

$20K CL from Chase??

odd but I'm excited for you,

That's why I didn't believe it at first. The only thing I can imagine is that I reached a guy who had the ability to make the decision on his own and for some reason wanted to be nice to me! 

Message 11 of 41
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

Wow! Awesome!

And thank you for serving our country!

Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 12 of 41
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations awesome..Good job on the recon!
Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa! Amazing limit! Congrats! 😳😊

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yessssssssss what a whopper of a limit...Congrats!!!
Message 15 of 41
Focused10
Established Contributor

COngratulations!!!

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 16 of 41
creditlady43
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Navy Fed Sig. Visa ($27,500)|BlueGreen Encore Rewards ($10,000)|CapitalOne ($6,950)|Discover ($1,000)
Starting Equifax Score: 520 (5/2014) - Current Score: 726
Starting Transunion Score: 613 (5/2014) - Current Score: 733
Starting Experian: 595 - Current Score: 742
Message 17 of 41
alvon123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have worked very hard to make up for my stupid lazy mistakes as a youngster. I've spent the last two years getting to a reasonable, but not great, point (640's Credit Karma, I know that score holds limited relevance) but I've had a very interesting week!

Going into this little spree, all I had was a Capital One (3k, 4% due to SCRA) and Kay Jewelers (4k, high interest but what I bought had 0% promo). My Credit Karma score had been in the high 500's for the last year that I have been looking at it. Last week I logged on and my score on CK jumped 50 points into the 640's so I decided to apply for the Chase Freedom and got instant approved for 2k. I also applied for the Slate the next day and got the "check the mail for our decision" response. Today I applied for the Discover It and got countered for a lower promo rate and only 1.9k limit.

Fortunately, by reading this forum for the last few days I learned some things and ended up calling the backdoor number for Chase listed in the backdoor thread. After speaking with an analyst, I was shocked to not only get approved....but get approved for.........

$20,000!!!!

At first, I thought he mispoke, so I had him repeat it, still 20k! I still was skeptical so I ended up calling the other backdoor number listed and got the automated confirmation for 20k!

I am so excited right now. Even though I don't need to use the credit, this will help me build my score and once my military service is over in about 3 years I will be in a better position for a mortgage! 

Thank you to all of you for sharing your experiences on this site, without it I would have made so many mistakes!

GREAT JOB!!!!

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the congrats! I can feel the love.

Can't wait to have the Card and see it on my credit reports. I have randomly logged into my account just to admire the $20,000 available limit!

The good news is that I have plenty of credit now to build a nice sturdy fence around the Garden!
Message 19 of 41
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Nice approval and recon, congrats!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.