Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Approval. Shocked

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate Approval. Shocked

So an update on this. On Wednesday, I got a denial letter for this card, dated back when I put the application in for it. So they did officially decline me a couple of days prior to my recon call. The system had said that it was still pending when I called.

So now I am very glad I called! I got the card today and life is good!
Message 21 of 41
SuperShad
Established Member

Awesome! I just applied and got #3500 instantly.  Hoping I can call and get that increased to at least 10. We'll see. 

Walmart FICO 643 Gardening as of 3/15/14!
March 2014 CreditXpert Ex 656, Eq 662, Tu 636 ~ August 2013 CreditXpert Ex 463, Eq 464, Tu 457
Message 22 of 41
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

You guys got me feeling good...

I'm happy for you...

Look at my current FICOs below and I was approved for a AMEX Delta Skymiles....Boy! Was I shocked...Only a $1K Limit but wow AMEX...

I'm former military as well....Got out Fall 2013

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

You hit it off well mind sharing your income ? 

Message 24 of 41
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Yes I'm curious also since my scores are higher but yet still denied amex! Congratulations though!!!

Message 25 of 41
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

WOW, that is fantastic.

I would actually probably call (regular customer service can do it) and move $10k over to the freedom as the slate has zero value if you are not going to bt but since they approved at such a great limit and you want to build history and show higher limits for future cards I wouldn't close it completely but having 2 cards around $10k would be better than 1 higher!

plus than as you use the chase your util will still stay low!

+1 to CA's advice! 

Message 26 of 41
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

Yes I'm curious also since my scores are higher but yet still denied amex! Congratulations though!!!

Let's just say I make between 80-90K.

I'm beginning to think that it might have helped that I have 25,000 Skymiles and that I was searching for flights prior to applying...

I've always thought that one would need prime credit for any type of AMEX, which I certainly don't have.

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

WOW, that is fantastic.

I would actually probably call (regular customer service can do it) and move $10k over to the freedom as the slate has zero value if you are not going to bt but since they approved at such a great limit and you want to build history and show higher limits for future cards I wouldn't close it completely but having 2 cards around $10k would be better than 1 higher!

plus than as you use the chase your util will still stay low!

I was thinking about doing that since the rewards on the Freedom are so great and like you said, the only value Slate has is the BT deal. Would my report look better with a 20k and a few lower ones, or with two cards in the 10-12k range? I'm probably going into the garden for a little while, but I just got my membership with NFCU and was thinking I may take a shot with them as well.

You are lucky. Don't go for more.. Trust me garden your cards.. eventually you'll get approved for anything. Unless of course you need to spend over $30k at once Smiley Happy I'm sure you weren't expecting a 20k limit so try to let it work for you and build your score. Eventually you will hit a threshold somewhere whether it be inquirys, low score, etc.

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is excellent news!! Can you please share the backdoor number you used to obtain the approval? Thanks for sharing!!

Message 29 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That is excellent news!! Can you please share the backdoor number you used to obtain the approval? Thanks for sharing!!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.