Big congrats on that one!!! Smiley Very Happy

FICOS: EQ-812 TU-811 EX-818 Goal - 840-850 Across The Board
Total Credit Lines - 506K Gardening....
"I am the master of my fate and the captain of my destiny" Nelson Mandela
Message 33 of 41
mikelonggggggggg
Established Member

Re: Chase Slate Approval. Shocked

Can you PM me the back door number you called for chase recon?

Capital One Savor $16000, Capital One Quicksilver $4200, Discover $20500, Care Credit (Synchrony Bank) $20000, Lowe's (Synchrony Bank) $17000, Barclay Arrival Plus $12500, Fidelity (Elan Financial) $8300
Message 34 of 41
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on that amazing credit limit with Chase.

Barclay Reward MC 750|Cabela's 1k|Capital One QS1 3.4k|
|Sony Card 3.5k|
Message 35 of 41
Charleston_Credit_Guy
Frequent Contributor

AWESOME - That's all I can say to that . . .

Current Credit Scores: EQ = 730 || TU = 720 || EX = 740 || BOA Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa = (25k) || Citi Thank You Preferred = (25.1k) || Diners Club World Mastercard = (15k) || Total Rewards Signature Visa = (13.8k) || Sportsman's Guide Rewards Visa = (12.9k) || Chase Sapphire Signature Visa = (13.7k) || Barclaycard RING = (10k) || Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard = (10k) || Chase Amazon Signature Visa = (5k) || Chase Disney Rewards Visa = (5k) || Cap One Quicksilver WMC = (5k) || Lowes = (20.5k) = Total: (161k+)
Message 36 of 41
koty70
New Contributor

whats the phone no. you called i need it bad i applied for the slate this morning got the 30day message.

Message 37 of 41
YupYup413
Established Contributor

Not sure what I should do with this card now. It has no real use and I have picked up a whole lineup of great rewards cards with huge limits. I did split the limit with my Freedom, so they each stand at 11k now.
I'm not sure if I should just move the rest of the limit to the Freedom and close the Slate, or simply PC the Slate into the Freedom Unlimited. I have QS, Venture and NFCU Cash Rewards which are all 1.5% or better for my "other" purchases, while Freedom/It 5% and Costco Gas/Dining/Trevel are covered elsewhere.
Since it's only one log in anyway, i'm leaning towards pc'ing to the FU.

AMEX PRG was a mistake, except of course for the 50k bonus lol It has no value that isn't matched or beaten by other cards and I don't want to carry an AF card that I won't use. What should I do with the ~60k points I have? I have no travel planned as we are about to have a baby.

It does feel good to come back to this thread to relive my first big credit victory! I've come a long way since this. Getting a mortgage, auto loans, and a whole lineup of great cards and scores pushing 750! Hard to believe I was in the 500's less than two years ago. This forum was a great find!

NFCU-Capital One-Chase-Discover-AMEX-Costco-Store cards
Total CL: 150k+
Message 38 of 41
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I have the same issue. The Slate is now useless. I'll either PC to a different card, or app for one. The other option is combining it into my Freedom.

Total CL: $306.1kUTL: 3%AAoA: 6.8yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k |DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | AMEX-37k | NFCU-37k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | BARCLAYS-15k | CITI-13.7k | CHASE-10k

Message 39 of 41
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats! that is a lot of cabbage

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.