Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Approved after pending message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate Approved after pending message

I applied last Friday and received the email below. Everytime I call the application status it gives me the 30 day message. I look online and there's no application showing. So all I did was 'wait'. Saw some posts here that they got approved 2 days later after receiving this message. Three business days later I called which was this morning and talked to the lending department, was put on hold for maybe a minute. Was not asked any questions, just straight up said approved for SL $5,300.

Capture.JPG

Glad I was approved but disappointed with the amount given. I have a Disney Visa with them with $4,500 which was opened November 2017 so they know I pay on time 100%.

Fico EX 802 (this was 805 but right after they put the hard inquiry when I applied it went down 3 points)

Fico TU 803

I asked if there's anyway for me to request a higher limit and was transferred to CS. CS said they can look again only if I'm okay that they pull my credit again. I said you literally just pulled it three days ago when I applied. He said there's no way for them to see the credit unless they pull it again. I decided to not push it and requested to transfer some from my Disney Visa to Slate so I can take advantage of the BT offer (which was the reason I got this card).

Never understood why it wasn't instant approval since they didn't ask anything from/about me. Just gave me anxiety for 5 days, LOL.

Thanks for reading and happy hump day Smiley Happy

15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Approved after pending message

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your new chase approval

i hate the pending email on the application, but at least you got the good news.

hopefully you'll get auto cli soon fo this card.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval but I feel like chase is dismal nowadays.

My (now) wife I told to apply and they gave her a few thousand starting a couple years ago.

I've had my freedom since 2009 and it's stuck at $300... been shot down three times.

I never even bother with them anymore as I like my citi and discover cards better. Just a bummer since I actually bank with them a good deal.

Message 4 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats on your new chase approval

i hate the pending email on the application, but at least you got the good news.

hopefully you'll get auto cli soon fo this card.

Thanks! Yeah nobody wants to wait for sure. I doubt the auto cli since my Disney never got cli since the beginning. But thanks for the thought!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on approval but I feel like chase is dismal nowadays.

My (now) wife I told to apply and they gave her a few thousand starting a couple years ago.

I've had my freedom since 2009 and it's stuck at $300... been shot down three times.

I never even bother with them anymore as I like my citi and discover cards better. Just a bummer since I actually bank with them a good deal.

It is really a bummer. I was thinking of closing my Disney if I ever get denied but good thing I wasn't and the HP didn't go to waste Smiley Happy
I agree with the Citi and Discover options. I have those as well. I never tried banking with Chase as they tend to charge fees like typical banks.

Message 9 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.