Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Denied then Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate Denied then Approved

I had that card 12 yrs ago as a balance transfer card. I thought they were doing away with it. 

Congrats on your apprival but if it were me I’d see about PCing it to something like freedom or freedom flex. The limit is too low for BT but you could use it as a gas card or something like that. Get some rewards out of it. 

If if you have another chase card that your willing to re allocate some of the limit to even better. 

Message 11 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 12 of 16
omnicron
New Contributor

I think when I get the card I will call and say "Hey I have a 500 limit, doing a bt for $50 is not worth it, can you increase my limit or let me switch products"

While I am thankfull to be in with chase, this card needs a high limit.

Message 13 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your recon and approval!!!  Good work!

Message 14 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@omnicron wrote:

I think when I get the card I will call and say "Hey I have a 500 limit, doing a bt for $50 is not worth it, can you increase my limit or let me switch products"

While I am thankfull to be in with chase, this card needs a high limit.

Congrats on the reconsideration outcome.  As suggested upthread, definitely PC the card to something more useful.

Just be aware that any Chase CLI requests will result in a HP, sometimes 2.   

Message 15 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.