Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Edge and US Bank Visa platinum approvals

tag
maxchurn
Valued Member

Chase Slate Edge and US Bank Visa platinum approvals

1/5, FICO8's between 770-794, 200K+ income, no baddies. I've been mainly churning Inks the past year because of the lucrative SUBs. Did some research on some of the best zero APR offers to transfer a balance from Discover on a previous promo that's ending next month. Ended up narrowing it down to:

• WF Reflect at 21 months (5% BT fee)
  • Citi Simplicity and Diamond Preferred (3% and 5% BT fee respectively)
  • US Bank Visa Platinum (3% BT fee)
  • NFCU Platinum (0% BT fee, .99% APR  for 12 months)
  • Chase Slate Edge (0% BT fee for the first 60 days, 18 months at 0%). 

I wanted to give WF, Citi or USB some business since i've been all Chase the last couple of years. PenFed send me a mailer on their Gold card, but the preapproval page said I'd only get $7,500. My SO had a Reflect and I wasn't too impressed with her SL ($10K) on a good income or the 5% fee. Citi isn't particularly known for providing good service and is sensitive to inquiries/accounts and I didn't want to deal with any hiccups on the transfer so I passed on them. I have a a NFCU flagship already so it really boiled down to the Slate Edge or the USB Visa Platinum. Decided a 5/24 slot was worth a shot with US Bank and worst case scenario i'd product change. Submitted an app using their targeted mailer and they only gave me $2,600. Called recon, was told I had to wait until Monday for underwriting but that it'd require another hard pull which i'm familiar with but they won't be getting. 

I have plenty of available credit with Chase on both the personal and "business" side. Read the DoC article about an in branch promo and went in. A banker helped me apply, was approved for $6K and she even handled the balance transfer with Discover for me right there. I had to verbally give the okay to a rep on the phone to move $10K worth of credit from my AMZ Prime card over, but it was such a smooth and efficient process that only took roughly twenty minutes from start to finish. Ended up with $16K available on the Slate Edge, leaving my Prime with a $12.5K limit.

Chase leads the industry for a reason, always love them even if they give absurd amounts of credit i'll never need or use.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
TyrannicalDuncery
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Edge and US Bank Visa platinum approvals

Congrats! Thanks for walking us through your process.

Message 2 of 16
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 20K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 20K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 6.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 3 of 16
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 4 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approvals!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 5 of 16
Blender
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

I have been considering the Slate Edge and WF reflect for a one time, large, upcoming purchase. My scores dont match yours so I doubt Im getting a 6k SL, and Ill need a little less than that.

4/2024

Message 6 of 16
maxchurn
Valued Member

You might get more than me, I have around $50K across personal and business with Chase so i'm surprised they even gave me that.

If your sig is up to date, you can also move credit from your Freedom Flex over

Message 7 of 16
Blender
Established Contributor

@maxchurn wrote:

You might get more than me, I have around $50K across personal and business with Chase so i'm surprised they even gave me that.

If your sig is up to date, you can also move credit from your Freedom Flex over

Carrying a large balance right now since im 0% til end of year, but that was a thought of mine.

4/2024

Message 8 of 16
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Slate Edge & U.S. Bank Platinum approvals

Message 9 of 16
CardsRFunn

Congrats on the approvals! I haven't used USB since the early 2000s and apparently they've changed. I'm new here and learning. 

Congrats again!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.