Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate

I was already out of the garden from my Navy CLOC app last week and here comes Chase tempting me with a mailer for the Slate. Wasn't going to attempt because I'm waaaaaay over 5/24 (something like 11/24). The mailer did not say Pre Approved or even Pre Selected but had a solid APR. I was really just curious and willing to risk a hard pull or two to get some data points. Around and around goes the wheel and BOOM. Instant approval for $3,000 (higher apr but i always PIF plus 0% for 15 months on purchases and BTs,  as well as no BT fees for 60 days). As for data points it looks like they pulled Experian and TU (which are sitting at 720 and 725 FICO 8), reported income of $145,000, about 23 inquiries between the two bureaus. I have also had a banking relationship with Chase for about 8 years now. Screenshot_20180504-115659.png

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Slate

Nice job. Any reason for the Slate? Any bt needed? EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wasn’t aware the mailers bypassed 5/24. Congrats
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Hopefully Chase will be less strict about 5/24. USPS mailer, not email?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So mailer bypasses 5/24? wow

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for 2 chase cards today, the FU and CSP and I am at 6/24. I checked there pre-qualify site which listed those 2.

Message 6 of 10
Aahz
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

Did you request any Balance Transfers on the app itself?  If so, how much?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahz wrote:

Congratulations!

Did you request any Balance Transfers on the app itself?  If so, how much?

Yes, that’s always the dilemma when applying for a card that knows it’s a BT card. Would love to know. 

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wouldn't hold much to getting a mailer as being able to bypass 5/24. Most likely you'll just waste hps. Alot of times it's the individuals with really high income who seem to get past 5/24. Lol, Chase does love $Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I didn't get this card so much for the balance transfers as much as the 0% Intro apr for some plane tickets and the option to combine this into one of my other chase cards to up the limit a bit. I really didn't even expect to get approved for this card at all. I was just bored and curious. Chase definitely loves the $$$$. And me and the wife pump a good amount through the 6 accounts we have with them.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.