Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Approval!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Southwest Approval!!

Hi all. I have been doing a terrible job at gardening but I have been making some moves to get rid of some of my lower cards. Today I combined my quicksilver and quick silver one to shed my annual fee. I recently was approved for the Discover IT card with only $1000 SL which was a little disappointing. I have also been trying to get a CLI on my AMEX BCE preferred but I am stuck at $1000 forever I think(had it almost a year and a half with no movement).

Today I decided screw it I want to try to get the southwest card since I fly them every time I fly and my fico8 was 659 when I pulled it last month.. I burnt chase on 2 cards 6 years ago so I wasn’t sure. Back in Nov they declined me because of relationship with the bank. I also had a bunch of lates in my mortgage with them previously(none in the last 2 years)

I applied and I got the 30 day message. I looked up the verification number here and called in. They transferred me to lending and I spoke with a gentleman there. After answering a few questions I was quickly approved with a $4000 SL. I was shocked to say the least.

It feels good to be making progress and the 50,000 bonus miles will be awesome for me!

Thanks Myfico forums for helping me get back on track.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Southwest Approval!!

Congrtualations!!! That's a good SL Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Hi all. I have been doing a terrible job at gardening but I have been making some moves to get rid of some of my lower cards. Today I combined my quicksilver and quick silver one to shed my annual fee. I recently was approved for the Discover IT card with only $1000 SL which was a little disappointing. I have also been trying to get a CLI on my AMEX BCE preferred but I am stuck at $1000 forever I think(had it almost a year and a half with no movement).

Today I decided screw it I want to try to get the southwest card since I fly them every time I fly and my fico8 was 659 when I pulled it last month.. I burnt chase on 2 cards 6 years ago so I wasn’t sure. Back in Nov they declined me because of relationship with the bank. I also had a bunch of lates in my mortgage with them previously(none in the last 2 years)

I applied and I got the 30 day message. I looked up the verification number here and called in. They transferred me to lending and I spoke with a gentleman there. After answering a few questions I was quickly approved with a $4000 SL. I was shocked to say the least.

It feels good to be making progress and the 50,000 bonus miles will be awesome for me!

Thanks Myfico forums for helping me get back on track.

Did you have to call to combine the QS and QS1? I try to do it online and it just wants to close the QS instead of the QS1

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did mine online. My quicksilver one was at a zero balance.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is mine, but when I try it only gives the option of moving the QS to the QS1. Who would want to do that?!? I guess I’ll have to call. Thanks.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I did mine online. My quicksilver one was at a zero balance.

Figured it out. I can’t combine and close the QS1 until I have had it for 6 months. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you figured it out. Now the worst part about credit building/re-building......waiting
Message 7 of 16
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Great job and congrats!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those 50K bonus points go a long way. Congrats on your approval.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome. What CRA did they pull with that score?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.