cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest - Approved

tag
Jakz34

Chase Southwest - Approved

I was recently approved for the Chase - Southwest Premier Card with a $99 annual fee.  I get 50,000 bonus points if I spend $2000 in 3 month which is not a problem.

I was researching on Southwest and based on point values of specific flights, it seems I could squeeze in 2 trips with 2 adults with these points based on the point values or perhaps even more, depending on the location traveled to and from.

This seems a little too good to be true but I've noticed that others on this board have app'd for the card and received the bonus.  So can you use the points accordingly or do you have 50k points you can use specifically on 2 roundtrip tickets anywhere?  If it's the latter, that really sucks.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest - Approved

Congrats!

I am planning on apping for this card in October or November.  Can you say what your scores are like and what your credit profile looks like?  Do you have other Chase cards?  

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 2 of 20
Jakz34

@Kathy4NU wrote:

Congrats!

I am planning on apping for this card in October or November.  Can you say what your scores are like and what your credit profile looks like?  Do you have other Chase cards?  

My scores range from 720 -TU, 730 EX, 750 EX

I currently have the following cards/accounts:

Citi Thank You Preferred - $5000

Home Depot - $1300

Walmart Discover - $4500

Amazon Store Card - $3000

Costco American Express - $4500

Macy's - $1000

Regions Rewards Visa - $2500

Best Buy - $2000

Dell Preferred - $3500

Bill Me Later - $3000

I have student loans totaling $46000

I have an auto loan at $16800 from an original amount of $18000

No mortgage, although that will change in the next 6 months.

I have no other Chase cards, this is my first.

I have no baddies on my CR.

I was approved for th Chase card with a $5000 CLI.

I hope that helps or provide some insight but if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Message 3 of 20
Jerryf08
New Contributor

What is your Average age of accounts? I had applied for the card about a month ago but was denied for only having about a year of credit history. which i guess is understandable. My scores are 698 experian and 744 TU.

Chase Freedom: $5000, CSP: $12800 Chase Hyatt: $5000, Amazon Visa: $500, Amex BCE: $23200, Discover IT: $3600, Walmart Disc: $7500, BOA Cash $5000, Best Buy: $3500
Message 4 of 20
Jakz34

My AAoA is 3+ years with my oldest account being 7 years old.
Message 5 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

CONGRATS 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 20
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

You can break those miles down anyway and get creative. Miles are credited to your account

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@Jakz34 wrote:

This seems a little too good to be true but I've noticed that others on this board have app'd for the card and received the bonus.  So can you use the points accordingly or do you have 50k points you can use specifically on 2 roundtrip tickets anywhere?  If it's the latter, that really sucks.

Nice approval, and great bonus!

Rapid rewards points have a fixed value at 1.67 cents per point; so, if you can squeeze in all "wanna get away fares," you can have up to as many round trip flights it allows. For example, if you can each way to Vegas is 4K, then you can book up to 5 round trip flights.

So, it isn't too good to be true!  This is often the best alternative for domestic flights. 

Message 8 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 20
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Ah, Vegas.... Miss that place

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.