Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Priority Approval

tag
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Priority Approval

@yowhatimean wrote:

Awesome approval. I've been eyeing this card for a while. My AF is due on my personal SW Plus card and was thinking of PC to this card since it has so many advantages and extras compared to the Plus version.

Definitely worth it! With the $75 credit and 7,500 annual points, it pretty much pays for itself right there! I'm looking forward to trying out the free upgraded boardings too!

The way I looked at it is like if I'm going to get this card, the minimum annual fee is $69 for the Plus, so for another $5 per year I can get all of these additional benefits + get a cooler looking card (I don't like how the Plus and Premier look). $149 - $75 annual SW credit = $74 AF (I will always fly southwest at least once per year).

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great card. My local airport is a hub for Southwest so this card would make tons of sense for me as well.
Message 12 of 19
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. Enjoy the card!

Now, could you please get rid of those Credit One cards in your sig? They're hurting my eyes next to your other great cards Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 19
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Lol! Yes, I know the credit one cards have been killing me to look at as well! I’ve been trying to decide whether to either a) take the prequal offerfor chase slate and move my credit one balances to that (approx 1k total) or b) apply for disco BT offer and move there or c) just pay them off when I get my Christmas bonus and then call to ask them to remove the AF or else I’ll cancel them.

Message 14 of 19
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Also, another perk for having the Priority card is the 4 free upgraded boarding passes. Basically, you upgrade to be able to check in first and get on board first, have your pic of seats. Nothing special but it can be done 4 times. (I have the same card, already tested it).

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations I just got this card too.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - given your mid 600 scores, just curious if you bank with Chase as well or if you had extended history with them before?

Message 17 of 19
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP - given your mid 600 scores, just curious if you bank with Chase as well or if you had extended history with them before?

Hey there! Yes, extended history with Chase. I bank with them, have the Chase Freedom Unlimited since May 2016 and also had a 3yr lease through them with Mazda Capital Services. Perfect payment history with them on all accounts. 

Message 18 of 19
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approved!  I'm a Southwest baby, too, so I know how nice it will be for you.  Enjoy the upgrades Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.