Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest RR Approval

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Chase Southwest RR Approval

Mom decided to pull the trigger on this for the $200 statement credit as we are going to FL for a week and was well worth the sign up bonus. Not instant approval. Mom was kind of ticked lol. Call Backdoor went through verfication as she just brought new home two months ago. Approved for 26.8K. Biggest SL. She said she will probably close it once we come back from vacation. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Southwest RR Approval

Congrats on approval , thats a monster SL !!!!!!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay for Mom!!!!! That's an awesome approval!!!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont care how good a person's credit is, why would anyone open a card for a $200 credit statement , get a 26k sl and then immediately close it. Chase wont look kindly on that. I hope she reconsiders. I would rather just take an extra $200 out of my own pocket and take it on vacation with me. Bonus completeSmiley Wink.
Message 5 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the monster SL. As far as the closing - I would highly suggest not to do that. That's gonna be a negative and does not look good. I would keep it and put small charges on it (Netflix, hulu, etc.) Opening a card just to get a bonus and then closing it does not look good (possible churning).

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No possible churning, that IS churning. The worse kind. At least keep the card a year. Imo, Chase wouldnt give me $500 so what do i knowSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to your mom on the stellar limit. As others have said, I wouldn’t immediately close it either

Hmm, I think the public 40,000 points for $1K spend offer is a better value than the $200 statement credit + 10,000 points. RR points are valued around $.015 per point. 40,000 points is essentially $600 versus $450 for the $200 + 10K points offer. I’d see how your mom felt about that and maybe SM RR Customer Service to see if they’d change the offer.
Message 8 of 11
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats on the monster SL. As far as the closing - I would highly suggest not to do that. That's gonna be a negative and does not look good. I would keep it and put small charges on it (Netflix, hulu, etc.) Opening a card just to get a bonus and then closing it does not look good (possible churning).

Hmmm. we might take a look at keeping to it cannot be PC'd which is the problem we really don't fly like that. So closing it is probably the best option plus it carrys and annual fee and to transfer the credit we would have to reapply for another Chase product type.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 9 of 11
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I dont care how good a person's credit is, why would anyone open a card for a $200 credit statement , get a 26k sl and then immediately close it. Chase wont look kindly on that. I hope she reconsiders. I would rather just take an extra $200 out of my own pocket and take it on vacation with me. Bonus completeSmiley Wink.

We are going to keep it until the vacation is over. I was thinking we keep it for a year and then request an increase at BB&T. to see if they will match the limit then close it down. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.